Unlimited Phone calling and texting 44.95

blaaze

Seasoned Expediter
A new company has just launched their cell phone service no contracts no credit checks and unlimited calling and texting in USA and Canada for as low as 44.95 a month. Phones start at 99.99 and go to 199.95

service will be the same as the AT+T network

EDT International, Inc

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Cell phone biz is getting very competitive finally. I had the Nat'l 900 calling plan for years with Alltel w/ two phones (wife and mine) and two lines w/ texting, call waiting, all the nites and weekend and my circle junk and messaging for $154.95/mo. Last month i noticed on the Alltel website a 1000 minute Nat'l plan including two lines and unlimited texting for $84.95 w/ the message "you can change your current plan at any time". One phone call later and i picked up 100 minutes and saved $70/mo. w/ out any new contracts. Pays to keep an I on your provider's home page.

Dougb

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Cell phone biz is getting very competitive finally. I had the Nat'l 900 calling plan for years with Alltel w/ two phones (wife and mine) and two lines w/ texting, call waiting, all the nites and weekend and my circle junk and messaging for $154.95/mo. Last month i noticed on the Alltel website a 1000 minute Nat'l plan including two lines and unlimited texting for $84.95 w/ the message "you can change your current plan at any time". One phone call later and i picked up 100 minutes and saved $70/mo. w/ out any new contracts. Pays to keep an I on your provider's home page.

Dougb

Welcome to verizon. Verizon, Alltel Merger Almost Complete -- Wireless -- InformationWeek

Yes you can change your plan at anytime but what they don't tell you is you have to commit to a contract for a year from the date you change. ie; say your contract ended and now your on a month to month and you decide to change your plan. you have to agree to a 1 yr. contract to change. and if in 6 mo. you want to change again you agree to a new 1 yr. contract from the date of the change.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually, that's no longer true with Verizon. You can change you plan at any time, as often as you like, without affecting the contract date. I started a new two-year contract one year ago, and I've changed my plan twice in the last 12 months without having to agree to a new contract, or a contract extension. My original contract expiration date is Jan 2010, and it still stands.

They changed several months ago, to where you no longer have to agree to a new contract.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
A new company has just launched their cell phone service no contracts no credit checks and unlimited calling and texting in USA and Canada for as low as 44.95 a month. Phones start at 99.99 and go to 199.95

service will be the same as the AT+T network

EDT International, Inc

They seem to be a re-seller/marketer of some kind....hmmm. Buyer Beware...

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Its hard to say if this company is legit or not. They have a good front going for them. The link provided was bad, but I was able to find the new one EDT International, Inc

Not sure why the change in the url address, but that is the one they have now. I requested for information about joining, hoping to get more information about them and see what they consist of, then I will contact AT&T to see if they are legit about doing business with their services.

Once I find out more, I will let every one know about this, because it does sound like a great deal, but when it does sound to good to be true, its always best to dig information on it before handing out your hard earned cash.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This looks like Amway for phones

You hit the nail on the head and the link posted was an affiliate link.

Boost mobile now has an unlimited voice, text, web and walkie-talkie plan for 50 per month and phones start at 49 bucks. with no credit checks. I think it would be a much safer bet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Doesn't take much research to find out if the company is legit or not. They're not.

The "About Us" page on their Web site has nothing about "Us" at all. Additional research shows they are a wireless reseller wrapped up in a multilevel marketing scheme that is run by the same people who ran the LPC Global Communications Club, which was a MLM scam. EDT International is also a Communications Club. Amway for phones is right, except LPC and EDT never seem to pay out anything. They just take your money and start a new MLM club with it.

EDT started out as a business in Florida, with their Customer Service number being a pre-paid cell phone registered in Washington State. In a few month's time they have since moved to a strip mall storefront out by Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta, where out of the same office (not merely the same building, but the same room in that building) operates Infra Source Underground Construction, a "construction" consulting company that resells electriticy and natural gas in Enron-like fashion, a company called Quality Maintenance, which has no apparent listings in any Georgia business directory, so I have no idea what they do, and Flournoy Homes, listed as a building contractor, but they are apparently a Flournoy Construction office that is essentially a subcontractor broker for booking subcontractors for construction projects.

The reason the original link by blaaze is no good is because the link provided went to his "sponsor" Web page at EDT [noparse]www.edtint.com/brothwell[/noparse], and is thus pure SPAM (way to go Harold! - Harold B's profile on Yahoo!), except he likely got taken, didn't see any returns on his investment, and is no longer a sponsor, so his Web page is no longer active.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Well, once I get a response, either way from AT&T, we will know for sure. Because if its a scam, I'm sure a big company like AT&T would not want to be affiliated with them. They wouldn't take the chance with their reputation.