Undocumented Immigrants

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently we have over 10M undocumented immigrants living in this country. The majority of them have lived here for over 10 yrs. While politicians on all sides toss this issue around year after year after year .. no substantial solution has been found.

What would you propose as a solution?

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Currently we have over 10M undocumented immigrants living in this country. The majority of them have lived here for over 10 yrs. While politicians on all sides toss this issue around year after year after year .. no substantial solution has been found.

Here’s a start. Any business or corporation caught hiring an illegal, the owner or top CEO gets a long prison term. Once that starts happening with no exceptions, the job market for them will dry up. Word will eventually get down south and the problem will lessen if not go away.
When I say owner or top CEO, I don’t mean middleman or any other person.
By the way, that includes Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Here’s a start. Any business or corporation caught hiring an illegal, the owner or top CEO gets a long prison term. Once that starts happening with no exceptions, the job market for them will dry up. Word will eventually get down south and the problem will lessen if not go away.
When I say owner or top CEO, I don’t mean middleman or any other person.
By the way, that includes Trump.

Are you saying that 10M undocumented people will leave this country if businesses, large & small, are able to properly screen employees?

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Are you saying that 10M undocumented people will leave this country if businesses, large & small, are able to properly screen employees?

Probably not all but more than likely a good share of them wood. Plus if Mexicans realize that there no jobs,it would probably cut way down on that problem. Why would they come here when there are no jobs for them.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Let us say that if one will not support or defend his original country against aggression ( Mexico), why do we think the illegals will come across the border to defend against aggression from enemies of the USA?? hmmm but want all the freebies of their new country....

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is something for you to think about, if congress decided to offer legal citizenship to all illegals what percentage do you think would actually follow the process to become citizens?

My guess would be 60%

I think a large portion of the illegals have no loyalty to this country and would not care about becoming a citizen.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is something for you to think about, if congress decided to offer legal citizenship to all illegals what percentage do you think would actually follow the process to become citizens?

My guess would be 60%

I think a large portion of the illegals have no loyalty to this country and would not care about becoming a citizen.

Maybe, maybe not. But it would cut the number of illegals by half immediately, would it not.

Reactions: skyraider

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

First they need to be correctly identified. They are not "undocumented immigrants", they are ILLEGAL/CRIMINAL immigrants/aliens.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Illegals should not be allowed access to schools or jobs or aid of any sort at all. Nothing. Western Union and others should be prohibited from sending money to any nation of the Americas that is south of the U.S.. If they can't get any sort of aid at all and they can't send money home they won't come here and they won't stay, for the most part.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Let us say that if one will not support or defend his original country against aggression ( Mexico), why do we think the illegals will come across the border to defend against aggression from enemies of the USA?? hmmm but want all the freebies of their new country....

First they need to be correctly identified. They are not "undocumented immigrants", they are ILLEGAL/CRIMINAL immigrants/aliens.

Unfortunately the left is never reasonable.
Like i said, one side does not want to have a resonable discussion on the subject.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really don't care for the Political Views of anything nowadays , but i do enjoy the Popcorn..

But , too to become a US Citizen you SHOULD be willing to be Sworn in with Your hand on the Bible and able to recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the U S in ENGLISH .... I M O if you cannot then take Hollywood and move to Canada....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But , too to become a US Citizen you SHOULD be willing to be Sworn in with Your hand on the Bible and able to recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the U S in ENGLISH .... I M O if you cannot then take Hollywood and move to Canada....

I have no issues with that.

Reactions: ntimevan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And calling these criminal aliens "undocumented immigrants" is a slap in the face and an insult to anyone who did everything right and legally immigrated. That's just wrong in and of itself.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really don't care for the Political Views of anything nowadays , but i do enjoy the Popcorn..

That's already part of the established process.
What's your point exactly?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love it when folks have strong feelings towards a problem .... but when asked for a solution ..... nada! (Oh, that means nothing ...) :pokepoke:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

My guess would be 60%

Maybe, maybe not. But it would cut the number of illegals by half immediately, would it not.

This is a good question. I think in today's environment, it would be higher. What number exactly, idk. Heck we're not even sure of how many there are currently living in the US.

I don't think of it in terms of loyalty or non-loyalty, that's almost childish. Every immigrant, or even first generation kid, has ties to the other country no matter what. It's their heritage ... what language they grow up speaking at home, etc .. I think it's a matter of legality. I think most want to be incorporated into the fold & live legally.

As far as what terminology is used for these people, call them whatever you want. They're here to stay ... got a solution?