Understanding Return on Investment (ROI)

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
I could ask Nicole to step in and provide instruction on ROI but that would only lead to billable hours considering she is a CGA - Certified General Accountant in Canada.

I'm concerned once we plowed through ROI ad nauseum that then there would only be ROA, ROIC, ROCE, ROE, ROGIC.. etc, etc to get through. Hey, I understand there are plenty more.

:D

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No point in complicating the simple

My point exactly, DaveKC. That is why I am asking you a simple question. The question is, what is the formula for calculating ROI?

More to the point, you are the most outspoken ROI advocate in the Open Forum. You own trucks. You are an expediter (fleet owner today with prior on-road experience). You say ROI is central to your business.

So, with respect, let me ask the question in the simplest way possible. Kindly note that the answer will reveal nothing about one's own ROI, net worth, or any other personal information.

Question to DaveKC:

When you calculate your ROI on the money you invested in a truck (or group of trucks), what formula do you use?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry Phil....Dave.... not calling you Phil a dummy by any means but here is something that may help others without paying the $100 to ask a question to an accountant.

Understanding Business Accounting for Dummies

This should be published by mid-march - opps a few days away.

I also recommend to understand more important things...

Understanding Your Dog For Dummies

And if you really want to read about something more complex than the great ROI debate and will never make any sense because there is no way anyone can understand a cat or get what an ROI out of this thread

Cats for Dummies

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Amazon.com has a sale going now. Buy 2 "for Dummies" books and get the 3rd free.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
As in any business,if your not getting 1/3rd of your investment in return,you need to either raise your income or lower your expenses,or both.