Uber Freight

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
It's my understanding Uber is/was counting on autonomy and it's associated costs cuts to succeed on the trucking side of things and the ramp up of load boards was merely to secure as many lanes as possible on the backs of the O/O's who sign up with them only to drop 'em like a hot potato later, or at least that seems to be the hidden agenda. With the media coverage of accidents and questions arising along with the likes of Elon's recent tweet/statement, it's looking like to me that "full" autonomy may be the ultimate house of cards. I can see absolutely see Uber being one of the first to collapse. Time will tell.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like the shortcomings of Uber Freight are being exposed. So a brilliant techie or techies that didn't even have a rudimentary understanding of the "ancient, wasteful hundreds of billions trucking industry" thought they were going to get rich. Look at all the money they burned. Hopefully the party was fun. Trucking has a way of wringing out waste like that. And so a company with decades of industry ties and real technological advancements in trucking, Omnitracs, thinks they might have a better way? Who would have ever thought? Lol

Reactions: piper1

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Expedite and freight manage have far greater value adds than a simple app will be able to replace. I said from the start Uber was not a threat to the industry and just another attempt to raise venture capital.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums