TV through the internet?

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Do any of you watch tv programs through the internet while on the road? NFL preseason isnt for a few months, but...I am planning ahead. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do any of you watch tv programs through the internet while on the road? NFL preseason isnt for a few months, but...I am planning ahead. :)

yep....all the time....but not real time though....NCIS, CSI, Bones, House, Are you smarter then a 5th grader...just for the laughs

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey J you can ,so i hear, buy this program where you can watch 2000 or so local channels from around the world from your computer. I ran into and expediter who said he did it for a while. i was getting e mail offers for one and ebay was selling a program also

wheeljam

Seasoned Expediter
I bought a piece of equipment called Slingbox. I hooked it up to a cable box at home and now I can control and watch said cable box online anywhere. I currently have it connected to a DVR cable box so I can record shows also.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Be sure you watch how many GB your downloading. My Air Card (Verizon) limits to 5GB a month. Watching games, movies, TV can run through it pretty fast.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I use HULU and the best thing about it is that it is connected to a major network. It is not pirating the shows so you get a quality broadcast.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be sure you watch how many GB your downloading. My Air Card (Verizon) limits to 5GB a month. Watching games, movies, TV can run through it pretty fast.

Thats why I try to cozy up to a motel or Panera restaurant( I buy a coffee)or anywhere with free wifi...
And catch up on my shows....

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
I JUST BOUGHT A DIGITAL TUNER FOR MY LAPTOP. IT PLUGS IN LIKE A MODEM, and I watch digital high def locals. up to 1500 channels are broadcast free ! You DONT need an internet connection at all ! Also can run cord to my TV and put it on the bigger Tv screen. oooooh boy...,,,,I get my Criminal Minds and 24 and House all the time ! It cost 79.00 dollars at best buy.