Try Hours

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been talking to the TH people, they seem to be a nice and honest team, but I'd like to hear from people that are or were working with them, what should I expect if I sign with them... Any help?

iono12345

Rookie Expediter
Driver
US Army
Hi,
I just left TH, I was driving a straight truck for an owner, previous to that I teamed with a friend for a different owner (at TH). The reason for my departure is due to the fact I was made an offer out of the industry that pays very well and as I need a quick infusion of cash this was the best way to meet that goal.

I drove tractor trailer previously to signing on with TH, from recruiting to dispatch they are professional and friendly, recruiting, back office and dispatch all good to go....of course when dealing with dispatch you are always going to have to deal with different personalities, but none are over the top or difficult, all are amicable and will work on getting you loads. Pay of course depends on the owner, both gentlemen I dealt with were great, paid on time and if new to the industry always willing to lend a helping hand or teach you. This is my view with limited experience with expediting, my two cents, if you have the opportunity to work for them I would definitely jump on the chance...

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
From what I heard they operate in the Mi-OH-IL-IN area. They have a lot a short runs . Other than that they are a good company.

Reactions: Opel2010

mike45armyvet

New Recruit
I've been talking to the TH people, they seem to be a nice and honest team, but I'd like to hear from people that are or were working with them, what should I expect if I sign with them... Any help?
I have been with them for over a year...cargo van driver for fleet owner. I am personally very pleased. I am constantly running between Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas and Texas. I have also had runs to Missouri, Minnesota, Virginia's, Pennsylvania and New York which they got me back but it took a day or 2 but I used the time to catch up on sleep......personally I enjoy the company, I have a great owner and have no issues with the staff....they work hard for the drivers in the field.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
We love it here they have ran us all over the US. Easy to work with. Yes you will have some querks about some loads but that's the business. Wished we would have came here sooner.

Reactions: Opel2010

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
How fast or slow do they pay for runs? I have heard they pay every week but its for the runs you did 3 weeks ago.
is that true?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How fast or slow do they pay for runs? I have heard they pay every week but its for the runs you did 3 weeks ago.
is that true?
a 3 week hold back you'd be paid on the the 4th week....if you have a 1 week hold back you are usually paid the next week actually making it feel like a 2 week hold back.....

iono12345

Rookie Expediter
Driver
US Army
It is a two week hold back (or should I say one week hold back paid every two week?, pretty normal for most industries, hell I find it unusual that I was paid weekly and not bi-weekly, but I guess that is the nature of this industry.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My outfit has a two-week hold back. Like OVM says, paying me on a run I did two weeks ago when they have to wait 60 to 90 days to get paid is something. The carrier is taking the risk so you don't have to.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
It is a two week hold back (or should I say one week hold back paid every two week?, pretty normal for most industries, hell I find it unusual that I was paid weekly and not bi-weekly, but I guess that is the nature of this industry.

is that pay every 2 weeks one weeks pay? or they pay you up every two weeks? just curious.
yes it is very common for a broker to wait 60-90 days to pay the carrier. But it is also very common for the carrier to factor that freight bill and have your money to play with for 2-3 weeks. to do things like fuel there bmw buy some blow and and help other wh**res get a few pcs of the rock. that's what real pimps do.

its all in how you look at the expedite industry as a whole. I see alot in common with prostitution and trucking.

in the sex industry you have a lot of Russian workers correct? human traffickers correct. hey it the land of the free oldest profession.work under the table and under many other things.

in the trucking industry

you have a lot of Russian workers trafficking freight they work cheap because they support the good of one like a pimp.
pimps are know to drive fancy cars be narco users and take take the workers money and leave them with scraps.

the shippers are johns. They don't care how many johns you service they just want it cheap and in mass quantity when needed and forget about the worker that is controlled by the pimps.

for 10% I can be your pimp

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
is that pay every 2 weeks one weeks pay? or they pay you up every two weeks? just curious.
yes it is very common for a broker to wait 60-90 days to pay the carrier. But it is also very common for the carrier to factor that freight bill and have your money to play with for 2-3 weeks. to do things like fuel there bmw buy some blow and and help other wh**res get a few pcs of the rock. that's what real pimps do.

its all in how you look at the expedite industry as a whole. I see alot in common with prostitution and trucking.

in the sex industry you have a lot of Russian workers correct? human traffickers correct. hey it the land of the free oldest profession.work under the table and under many other things.

in the trucking industry

you have a lot of Russian workers trafficking freight they work cheap because they support the good of one like a pimp.
pimps are know to drive fancy cars be narco users and take take the workers money and leave them with scraps.

the shippers are johns. They don't care how many johns you service they just want it cheap and in mass quantity when needed and forget about the worker that is controlled by the pimps.

for 10% I can be your pimp

As long as they pay me when the contract i signed says they are supposed to to...I don't care what they do with it......

Last edited:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I get paid every quarter. I will receive my second check for 2015 tomorrow July 1st. Just like clock work, I can be sure I will get paid on time every time 4 times a year! :)