Trump v Roberts

dalscott

Expert Expediter
So because we as Americans don’t want cars anymore, we want trucks and SUVs, that’s somehow gms fault?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

It might be to an extent. Bring back bench seats, get rid of the room-hogging consoles, push back the center of the dash so you have a semblance of room. I feel so cramped in cars anymore that I wouldn’t own one. We have a 2011 Town and Country that is just right for us, even with the console.
I recently sold a 1959 Ford Fairlane 2 door that was fantastic! Bench seat, room for three, etc. I realize that that would be too big for today but I’m sure they could take the smaller cars of today and provide more room in them. I’d bet almost anything that they would start selling again.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Most cars are dinky. SUV's and Pickups are getting more and more popular for a variety of reasons. Ford knows this. I have a work van and had a ram pickup truck I recently sold that my wife drove. My wife didn't want a car because when she used her father's vehicle she felt cramped and low to the ground. I felt the same way when I drove it; a 2003 malibu. So we bought a used trailblazer. Both love it. More room, 4 wheel drive option, etc...

Reactions: Ragman and ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If they were shifting production to those overseas plants that would be one thing but they are ending production of the cars that they are building there.
But they are shifting production to those overseas plants. The number of cars that won't be built here will be moved to those overseas plants. The model of the vehicle is irrelevant. If you DON'T produce 1000 Cruises here, yet increase SUV production over there by 1000, you are literally moving production from here to there.

What are they supposed to do have everyone stand around and pay them for nothing?
No. Close a plant in China and build those cars here

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they were shifting production to those overseas plants that would be one thing but they are ending production of the cars that they are building there.
But they are shifting production to those overseas plants. The number of cars that won't be built here will be moved to those overseas plants. The model of the vehicle is irrelevant. If you DON'T produce 1000 Cruises here, yet increase SUV production over there by 1000, you are literally moving production from here to there.

What are they supposed to do have everyone stand around and pay them for nothing?
But that would affect the stock price..... that is all any corporation really cares about. They have to answer to Wall St.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
From George Conway? Interesting? Well, sure, in a Hillary Clinton's hair dresser's opinion kind of way. The only reason he gets any press at all is because of who he is married to. If he suddenly started supporting Trump, he'd instantly disappear from the pages of the MSM.

Trump talked specifically abut the 9th Circuit, and how they are most often reversed, and Conway literally created a red herring by citing a different statistic based on different parameters. Conway stated, "All these statistics tell us is that one major factor in the Supreme Court’s selection of which cases to review is whether they may have been wrongly decided:" Yet he failed to point out that out of all of the courts it chooses, fully 20 percent of them are out of a single Circuit Court. So even by its selection of cases, the Supreme Court is acknowledging that the 9th Circuit gets it wrong, a lot.

If you take a close look at the nation’s 13 appellate courts, and which cases they have overturned, since 2010 it's the 9th Circuit that is most often overturn because they applied political ideology to their rulings rather than a failed agnostic interpretation of constitutional law.
This could all be true, however, just the dynamics of who he is married to makes it interesting, imo.
That dude is a piece of work. Undermining while his wife works for the Administration in a high profile job.

dalscott

Expert Expediter

Amen! I don’t like Trump at all but I am behind him with the tariffs. We should never have dropped them at all when we did. Let GM and the rest move overseas and then slap a 40% give or take tariff when they bring them back here to sell. Same with HP and all the rest. They might decide that it makes more sense to stay here.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe that the argument between Trump and Kennedy has been solved, OBVIOUSLY judges are biased, lean in political directions, and rule in those directions.

So, the MSM has to change the subject, so Mr Conway’s irrelevant % argument on the 9th Circut is a COMPLETELY different subject. We are no longer talking about “are judges politically biased”, YES, they are, that ship has sailed.

It’s like when someone makes a logical, factual point, but makes a spelling error, so people jump on the spelling error as if that disqualifies the logical, factual point.

Fallacy is one word for such manipulation, but today, we simply call it “Fake News”.

Reactions: muttly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Roberts is wrong in his comment. He's also a disappointment.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't see where he gave an opinion. I see where he stated his opinion as facts. At that point they become either true or false. In this case false.

Reactions: Solar

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Basically, our Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is either unwilling or unable to see reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth.

And isn't that just awesome.