Truely a long weekend

raceman

Veteran Expediter
right before the long weekend I got my new 80 gallon aluminum tanks on my truck. All set to go I ran one night and then set out Sunday to polish them. By Monday morning I was in the hospital with pain like I have never had. Good news is I was released Friday late morning. The bad news seems to be a mile long and I will not know all until well into next week.

Turns out I had a kidney stone, kidney infection and some type of back problem all rolled into one. A few of the folks from Ford, the plant I run for, called me and explained they wished me well and that as of 6/5 things were a changing. They laid off about 200 people so that is really changing what I did. Atleast that is what they know.

It will be Monday or Tuesday before I know my routes fate and Thursday or Friday before I know all about my health.

On top of all this I missed both races over the weekend and it has now rained a few times which means my tanks need polished again.

The point of the post is to let folks know even when things are slow always remember that your health is the most important thing. Don't stress too much or that slows down as well. I should also point out that anyone wanting to put the M2 aluminum tanks on an Fl, it is doable with a few minor changes.

You do have to purchase all new straps and steps and you may choose to do as I did which is reverse the tanks. Left on right and right on left. This allows the filler necks to line up at rear of cab and in front of sleeper. Next chance I get I will post a few pics.

Please remember don't worry too much as to cause yourself undue stress. There is someone bigger who tends to see that we all have what we need and many times even what we want.

Raceman
OTR O/O

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe the positive is that you're getting all your bad luck out of the way, for a while, in one fell swoop. Good luck with everything, and from what I've heard, make sure you have a bullet to bite on when you pass the stones.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Raceman,

I hope your luck changes 180 degrees and you get well soon. Looking forward to the pics of the new tanks.

Dan

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>>
>It will be Monday or Tuesday before I know my routes fate
>and Thursday or Friday before I know all about my health.
>
>On top of all this I missed both races over the weekend and
>it has now rained a few times which means my tanks need
>polished again.
>
>.
>>>Raceman
>OTR O/O

Raceman, of all the bad breaks - you have to polish those tanks again?! (Sorry, couldn't resist)
Here's hoping you are well enough to polish the tanks again, real soon, and that you can catch the races on tape, and that your route makes the cut - we're all rooting for you.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
i completely understand that shot. I would have taken it too.
If all went well I have attached a picture. Please understand they are now dirty. Lol

Raceman
OTR O/O

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Please, PLEASE remove the picture untill you have the time to repolish the tanks, take new picture and repost, thank you in advance.

Hope all turns out well.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
You guys are killing me. Lol. Here is the right side.

I did go out and run 30 miles to fuel Turck for Monday. I am going at the week with a good attitude. I will feel good and I will have work. While fueling I saw a PantherII Volvo with a heck of a sleeper on it. Looked like a class 8. Did not really walk over as I simply did not have the energy. Good looking truck though. That was at Speedway in West Chester, Ohio.

PS Good Luck BroomPilot

Raceman
OTR O/O

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Raceman,

The tanks look good!! I couldn't really see them for the glare coming off those super polished wheels. Now how bout a shot of the whole truck! Don't forget a shot at night so we can see those lights.

Dan

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Pack, here is a shot from last night about dusk at Faxon Deep Hole Drilling. Sorry it is not dark enough and I also apoligize that I do have my lights on my steps yet. With the vacation and all I have not got them on. Thanks for asking for the pic though.

I am still running my Ford route this week and am feeling better so things are looking up. The downside to a route that has a few loops in it? During a 72 hour safety check it is possible to be pulled in on I 275 in Ohio three times in a day. Oh Lord!

I am at Ford Sharonville right now and will have to go by there one more time tonight. Hope they are closed up for the night. Anybody wondering where they are? 275 in Ohio near Batavia at mile marker 60 the old pickle parks. Say high if you see me there over the next couple of days.
Raceman
OTR O/O