Truckstop Madness

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't 'popular trucking routes' be relevant to anyone travelling any kind of distance?

That's great that the FBI is noticing a link between popular travel routes and dead bodies, but why jump to pin it on truckers if that's all they're basing it on?

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
They really have it narrowed down. "Along popular travelled truck routes". Wouldn't that include all the interstate highways? Wow! Way to go FBI.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, that they made the link 5 years ago is what jumped out most at me. Apparently no one at the FBI ever watched BJ and The Bear back in the 70's.

PalletJack

Expert Expediter
Isnt this also along popular travelled Highway Patrol routes. Is FBI covering for their State brotherhood?

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
A computer database now includes more than 500 female murder victims whose bodies were discarded at truck stops, motels and other locations.

Ummm, workin girls comes to mind and we all know only truck drivers could be responsible for that, right???

Now I am not saying they are all reptilian in nature but if one were to draw conclusions the same way as the Federal Bureau of Idiots does then the victims were all Lot Lizards and therefore no worth the time and tax dollars. Case Closed???

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Ya, to bad our government judge your case on who you are and what you do for a living. No person deserves to die, unless they have taken another life, unless it was seriously a accident or unintentionally, in my opinion. A nickle for a nickle.

Would definitely take care of the over population in prisons if they would just end the life of all the killers in prison, plus a lot less tax payer money feeding, clothing, etc. them.

XTeam

Seasoned Expediter
About a month ago, we were at a truck stop and I noticed a very strange interaction between a sleazy trucker and a girl that appeared to be about 14 yrs. old. It just didn't look right to me. She seemed to be very scared and had a large gym bag with her. I watched for a few minutes and then called 911. The operator transferred me to the sheriffs department and I told her about my observations. She kept asking me so many questions and I kept trying to redirect her back to the young girl and that they needed to come ASAP and check ID'S. I asked 3 times if she was sending anyone over and she was so rude that I hung up on her. I watched to see if I could see the girl again and I didn't. We waited for over 10 minutes and the sheriff never came. What are those missing children and runaway posters for if no one acts on reports of suspicious sightings? I feel VERY guilty that I didn't try to talk to the girl but I know what to do the next time. Try to talk to the possible victim. And, possibly call back 911 again. I was only going on my intuition and observations but sometimes that is all that's needed . Linda

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
About a month ago, we were at a truck stop and I noticed a very strange interaction between a sleazy trucker and a girl that appeared to be about 14 yrs. old. It just didn't look right to me. She seemed to be very scared and had a large gym bag with her. I watched for a few minutes and then called 911. The operator transferred me to the sheriffs department and I told her about my observations. She kept asking me so many questions and I kept trying to redirect her back to the young girl and that they needed to come ASAP and check ID'S. I asked 3 times if she was sending anyone over and she was so rude that I hung up on her. I watched to see if I could see the girl again and I didn't. We waited for over 10 minutes and the sheriff never came. What are those missing children and runaway posters for if no one acts on reports of suspicious sightings? I feel VERY guilty that I didn't try to talk to the girl but I know what to do the next time. Try to talk to the possible victim. And, possibly call back 911 again. I was only going on my intuition and observations but sometimes that is all that's needed . Linda

I have had a couple,well 2, police operators that started actig kinda that way and they desided to do something when i aludded i was calling the paper next becouse they love to run stories about the cops not doing there jobs. not saying it will work every time but if plaied correctly it works.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter

Wow, that is criminal behavior on the part of the sheriff's office dispatcher in my opinion. What if that child was a runaway or being held against her will? She is someone's daughter. She could be listed in the Missing Children database. That is just awful. :(

XTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, that is criminal behavior on the part of the sheriff's office dispatcher in my opinion. What if that child was a runaway or being held against her will? She is someone's daughter. She could be listed in the Missing Children database. That is just awful. :(
Inkasnana,
Absolutely criminal! I felt that she was a very scared runaway. When you see all the posters at Walmart and at truck stops where many runaways go, it breaks your heart to see the personalities in the photos and just know that something very bad has happened to them and maybe somewhere along their travels someome could have helped them. It was a real wake up call to me and I hope anyone that reads this post will be more aware and try to get involved if you need to. All that can happen is that maybe your observations were wrong or maybe they could be right and could save a childs life. Linda