Trucker station on Sirius

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Anyone listen to it? I turned it on last night, just for a change, and glad I did. Totally different from XM. On XM you have a bunch of truckers call in, half of whom could have "Dead Air" as their handle. Sirius, on the other hand, has good dialog and interviews with ppl who have a wealth of info to share.

David Lawrence was the guy I listened to around 10 last night. His guest was the guy who started Motley Fool. Talk about entertaining! Not dry, very witty. Check it out... channel 147.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My preference is Dave Nemo during his segments with Kevin Rutherford or similar guests that talk about the business of trucking or mechanical/service issues or other things I can learn from. There are plenty of stations playing music or comedy or other entertainment so I don't care for those segments. I prefer the trucking channel to inform me about trucking and I'll go to a different station for other categories.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's only one show. After his show, the next one had a guest talking about OOIDA's suit to get sitting in the passenger seat to be considered off duty, among other things related to HOS. Very informative, IMO. I enjoyed Dave Nemo and Bozo when I listened to him, but the constant trucker stories and "git er done" got old. And their music selection got REALLY old!

Anyways, those shows aren't on Sirius. Looking to hear from Sirius ppl who listen to the truckers station there.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I haven't hit Sirius at the right times. The segments I've heard have been stuff I could find on non trucker channels. Parts of Nemo and the XM shows are the same and I don't care for them either. I just need to invest the time to build a schedule for myself of when they do programming I like. I do like having the satellite systems. When I go home I always debate pulling it out of the truck for my car so I don't have to put up with local junk.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Gary Kidder

Seasoned Expediter
>That's only one show. After his show, the next one had a
>guest talking about OOIDA's suit to get sitting in the
>passenger seat to be considered off duty, among other things
>related to HOS. Very informative, IMO. I enjoyed Dave Nemo
>and Bozo when I listened to him, but the constant trucker
>stories and "git er done" got old. And their music selection
>got REALLY old!
>
>Anyways, those shows aren't on Sirius. Looking to hear from
>Sirius ppl who listen to the truckers station there.

Gary Kidder

Seasoned Expediter
Just for a change call in to Dave Nemo and ask to hear song I
wrote GRANDPA DONT DRIVE BIG TRUCKS ANYMORE story of my child hood trips with grandpa.Then please let me me know what you think of the song thank you much be safe (GOD BLESS)

Gary kidder:D

kempers_gramp

Expert Expediter
Cirius 147 is a PLETHORA of trucking media!!!!!!!
I listen to the "Midnight Radio Network" on Sirius 147 every chance I get, between the hours of midnight and 5 AM central. They have many trucker related topics, debates about the government, economy, and other current issues. They even give away a pair of Justin original work boots every weekday morning in regards to the current issues(Front page trivia). Truck drivers and others call in and "guess" what one of the headlines is from one of 5 East coast based morning newspapers. They have representatives from companies such as Prime, JBHunt, etc...etc...on but not much about Expediting unfortunately. They have the "Run Smart" hour, in which they talk about, well, "Running Smart". There is way too much to mention, check it out at www.midnighttrucking.com. Gary McNamara and Eric Harley are both very informative, usually hilarious, and both lean extremely far to the right. They even take live calls. If you happen to be a "dem", or even if you are not, they will welcome your call and debate with you live on the air in regards to whatever subject they happen to be discussing at that time.
They have a session usually lasting several hours once every month when they bring in Texas state trooper, DOT officer, Monte Dial,(http://www.olblueusa.org/AskTheLaw/) so the general public can call in on a free 800 number, and ask questions in regards to your rights on the road as a truck driver, i.e. log books, sleeper birth, haz-mat, the list goes on and on. It is very informative.
What I've mentioned here just scratches the surface as to what content is on Cirius 147. There are other daily programs, music, comedy, road construction reports, hourly news, weather, etc..etc.. and that list goes on and on.
I even called in once to discuss the new HOS rules, and won a random courtesy listener pack, which included a Firestone tire gauge, a hat, t-shirt, pen, 2 tickets to the MATS, and a "Call Capture" device for my cell phone. I priced the unit I got at the truck stop and they ran about $250.00 at the time.
If you don't have a Cirius receiver you can listen to The Midnight Trucking Radio Network on one of many Clear Channel Radio stations nation wide.http://www.midnighttrucking.com/affiliates/coverage.jpg

kempers_gramp

Expert Expediter
are you siriusly...........cirius?
oops.........I think I goofed!!!!!
You can't be serious........You don't read fast enough.....lol.
Ah sh!# I can't edit it now either.
What's with the negative 8 anyway???????