Truck Show and Husbands

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob and I found we don’t really like looking at the same things at the truck show! He can stand for hours admiring lights, tires and shiny things! Not saying I don’t like them but my gosh how can you stand and almost drool over that stuff? Now me I like the free cool bags and the rulers and I stood in line for what seemed like forever for a cool free t-shirt I just know Bob would love. There are also a million sleepers to look at and take notes on. There are all kinds of booths that have every concoction known to man to make you feel good. There are even several really nice jewelry booths. And there are many booths on how to save money or make your day go easier. Sometimes Bob would be so interested in something that he even forgot all about lunch. Luckily in the evening the doors would lock and here would come Bob with a huge smile on his face and we would compare notes on what we saw or just knew we couldn’t live without. We would stay in contact with our phones and every once in awhile I would get a call to come look at the most amazing thing. After we would compare notes the next day we would go look at each other's must have, make a decision and then off we would go again. Talk about fun we had a blast.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Linda, what a great idea! I wondered how we were going to cover everything since it is our first year. I like the idea of looking on our own then comparing notes. Also, you know we spend so much time together this will be good to be apart and sharing info at night. I like it! Wonder if the walkie talkie's would work there so we could stay in touch. Of course, we'll have the cell phones, too. Cool! Anyone with ideas about the truck show, please post them. We are looking for ideas!!!! More input!!!!!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
A shut mouth gathers no foot.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We spent a lot of time back tracking and wandering around aimlessly since we did not have a list of must see vendors. This year we are going to try printing out a diagram of the vendors and having a route! Of course knowing us and not having the GPS in the buildings we will get lost many times. We are hoping this will help as we will be spending a lot of our time in the EO booth hopefully meetings lots of old and new "EO Junkies"

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
This year we will arrive on Wed night or Thurs morning since we are coming from home. We explore the MATS website and make a must see list for day one (Thurs). Early on day two (Friday) we hit the free concert tickets and get as many as they will give us to take back to the camp for those wating to attend. After that we make our purchases. From then on it's do as you please. This leaves plenty of visiting time since most people show up on Friday afternoon or Saturday.

My favorite booth is always hard to find. It's a lady who has any kind of shower bag you may need. She also has back packs and duffle bags. She is usually in the small vendor section just as you enter the expedite wing.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Coco, great idea! Here is the link for the website. Click on Exhibitors, then floor plan.
http://truckingshow.com/

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.