Truck Show 2008

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob and I have found a few ideas that help us get the most out of this truck show. We quickly found that what he wanted to spend hours looking at I think actually drooling over did not interest me in the least! We have found we each take a phone, head out in our different directions, then we meet up for lunch discuss what all we saw split up and head our separate ways. We get along a lot better this way.

In the evenings if the weather is good the lawn chairs come out in the parking lots. If the weather is cool we have as a huge group wandered to one of the nearby restaurants sat at a huge table and had a very fun filled evening. Plan on meeting many other expediters and making many friends. We have also found it is very handy to have a few personal business cards made up to exchange phone numbers with other drivers.

Come prepared to walk miles and miles and then go a few more miles. After the 3 days of MATS you will be exhausted mentally and physically and discussing plans of attending the next year.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We attended the truckshow in 05 and 06 but we were working as driver recruiters for our old company so we've never experienced the show as spectators. I would love to go and just wander there is so much to see!!

Unfortunately, this year won't be the year because we had to take a week off for truck repairs and we need some days in July for my in-laws 50th anniversary celebration. (heading for a cabin in the mountains). Maybe next year.