truck price

truckwife

Expert Expediter
Hey,back again with a question.My husband and i have found a truck and we were hoping if we gave you all some info on it,that you might could tell us what price range this truck should be in,or in a ballpark fiqure on what its value is.Well here it goes.2002 freightliner cll264st,c12 caterpillar, 410hp,10spd,engine brake,single axle,156kmiles with remaining warranties,60"stand-up aerodyn sleeper(this size sleeper worries me)3000watt inverter,heavyduty 24'reefer body,e-track,new thermoking ts300smart reefer,eaton-autoshift.Thanks for any reply! :)

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Check out EO's Classified section. It will give you a good idea what others are asking for similar equipped vehicles. Our vehilces are very specialized and most dealers outside the industry don't really know what there true value should be. I hope this doesn't confuse you. One other thing, does the vehicle have a liftgate and if so what is the rating? Tag or pusher axle? CD player, cassete, XM, you get the idea..more toys on your truck the more it's worth. Does the truck have a Data recorder??? Etc. Etc.. You see the advertisers on this site, they are who you should be talking with. Best of luck and please keep us posted on your decision?

truckwife

Expert Expediter
tenten
The truck doesnt have a tag or push axle nor does it have a liftgate. It is a single axle truck but not sure of gvwr. It was previously leased to fedex supply chain. If bought we would like to add a pusher axle and generator. Does anyone have any phone numbers for person to contact on putting a pusher on this truck and also would also like some ballpark figures as to the value of truck as is. From all adds in here and other online truck sales it doesnt sound bad. We figure about 7000 for generator. Is that about right?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
7000 would get you a generator. If running team, make sure you can live out of a 60" sleeper. That is not very big. I would have to put the wife in the 24' box to keep my sanity:D
As mentioned, compare it to like wise vehicles in the classifieds and see if your price compares. Adding an axle will cost several thousands more. Make sure you think everything through.
Davekc