Truck Parking

backroads

Seasoned Expediter
(This thread is also posted in the FedEx forum. It was requested that it be posted here also. Have fun!)

We've all been everywhere, haven't we? Show us where your truck has been.

I'll start us off.

This was taken Dec '07, just north of "The Avenue Of The Giants" in northwestern California.

vanintree.jpg

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for posting Backroads!

You weren't too far from the worlds tallest tree as well (367 feet). I live in the area and pretty close to the tallest tree. I have never taken the time out to see either attraction. And actually you won't know when you are looking at the tallest tree. They will show you the grove it's in, but which tree is the tallest is a secret for some reason.

But tall is tall and there are a whole lot of tall trees around here. So I am probably not missing much.

backroads

Seasoned Expediter
I had a great time on the west coast. I'll get back out there again sometime because I still have a lot to see.

This next one was taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats International Speedway in Wendover, UT.

BonnevilleSaltFlatsInternationalSpe.jpg

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
Great shot! The angle really accents the salt.

So don't keep us hanging... What's your top speed? That rig looks like a record setter!

backroads

Seasoned Expediter
Great shot! The angle really accents the salt.

So don't keep us hanging... What's your top speed? That rig looks like a record setter!
That's funny ... and I've got video. I hired a restaurant worker to follow me out there and take it. I only got up to 45 or so because I didn't want to scare him.

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
LoL. That's great!

It's not an expediter, but here's my van pretending to be one:

Dell server, 2 workstations, and point to point wireless bridges headed out for an install
cabling3.jpg

Oh, Here it is "Parked" inside a heavy equipment shop under construction. Doing a little computer network cabling...

Ever seen a 9 door Chevy express?
0703081037b.jpg

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Here's one from Mt. St. Helens,WA taken 2-3 years ago,when the mountain was venting some steam.

Attachments

• normal_OR-WASH%2520036%5B1%5D[1].jpg
    normal_OR-WASH%2520036%5B1%5D[1].jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
Scott101, where is the 9th door? Would that be the hood?

Hi prof, The other two access doors are on the drivers side. The access doors pop open individually with the vehicle remote. I didn't even think of the hood. 10 door Express? :D

I gotta be careful how I enter a jobsite. If I just pull up and pop the access doors everyone runs over thinking it's the taco truck! :rolleyes:

van.jpg