Truck not starting

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If everything is ok, then probably will have to use a tester on each line to see what is shorting.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
You say the starter is hot, but is the solenoid hot when the key gets turned to start?

Doesn't that solenoid click when the key is turned normally?

Has anyone checked every single fuse? There is a fuse that controls the bridge of info between transmission controller and truck ecm that won't allow starter circuit to open.

I'm spitballing. Wish you luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
All repaired, after I nearly pitched a fit they added a ground wire from the batteries to the frame. .....now its cranking like a champ.

sent from my Galaxy S3

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
All repaired, after I nearly pitched a fit they added a ground wire from the batteries to the frame. .....now its cranking like a champ.

sent from my Galaxy S3

do you mean they replaced a ground wire from the batteries to the frame. if they added one that wasnt there to start with and it cured the issue i would be concerned. would seem to me that if thats what they did they just grounded a short to the frame and didnt really fix the issue. just my thoughts. make sure you keep an eye on it. dont want to have to call the fire dept. for you !!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Or, possibly just corrected a ground issue that wasn't addressed. Bad connection, corroded cable.

At approx 500,000 I replaced all the Battery Cables on my Pete.
Just to be proactive..

Never had any issues and sold it with well over 900,000 miles.
Everyone that remembers this thread should clean all their battery cables and ground wires to frame early this spring.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Or, possibly just corrected a ground issue that wasn't addressed. Bad connection, corroded cable.

At approx 500,000 I replaced all the Battery Cables on my Pete.
Just to be proactive..

Never had any issues and sold it with well over 900,000 miles.
Everyone that remembers this thread should clean all their battery cables and ground wires to frame early this spring.

thats why i asked. he said they " added " a ground. shouldnt have to add a ground wire !!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Not the best solution, but a quick fix so could make my am drop. Going to look it over later, my guess is the factory ground is corroded and not making a good connection.

sent from my Galaxy S3