Truck Dealers

Ricky

Expert Expediter
Checked out the dealer website that post on Expedites Online but do not see anyone that has any Kenworths T300. Anyone know of a GREAT dealership for the Kenworth T300 new and used?

Thanks

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
THE BEST source for Kenworth is Performance Kenworth in Houston, TX. and the person to talk to is Fred Sargent. I tried 2 other KW dealerships, including one that does A LOT of expediter trucks, and didn't get quotes when promised, had to make all the phone calls inbound, basically didn't get the sales service I expected. When I started working with Fred none of those problems existed. When he said he'd have something to me it was there by that time or sooner. When I needed to know something he was on the phone calling me. I didn't have to chase him and beg him to let me give him a huge pile of money. The others I tried to work with first I had to chase. Their number is 713-844-7111. Fred is the best and the rest are just that, the rest. Good luck to you.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
Expediters Online.com - The Best is Getting Better!
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I didn't have to chase him and beg him to let me give
>him a huge pile of money.

Great line! Too funny! :7

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Also too sad because that literally was the situation with some other dealers I tried to do business with. I asked multiple times for a chassis number and approximate build date from one and couldn't get either. I finally gave up. It worked out well for me in the long run however it was a challenge to find the right person willing to sell a truck.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Fort Wayne Truck Center (Palmer Dealer) Leo has stated to me in the past he had a bad expierence with these people responding to him.
I had a great expierence and got a great education as well. What Leo did is very very rare and if you look at what a dealer has to go through to build a truck like that and if you also look at how many trucks are built and than not purcahsed after completition. Now a dealer has a unsellable at a reasonable profit dinasourin the inventory. It is a big risk if you have not been a previous customer with them.

Salesman probably spend 40% of their time on people who are just testing the water in this type of sales.

As for a T-300 this dealer did me - very well.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did put a deposit up front to show I was serious about the build. I had no problem with that because as you say I was building a unique vehicle. I fully expected to do that with whoever I worked with. It definitely was a learning experience and for the most part I enjoyed it. I know quite a bit more now than when I started and if/when I do it again will be able to do it even better.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Broom makes a good point. Many times these vehicles never make it through to sale and the dealer is stuck with it. Additionally, with truck sales high (pre2007 buying) many don't have the same availability of time that they had in previous years.

We have had a good experience with Ed Strange at Palmer trucks. He is at the Indy KW location. He came through on everything that he said he would. No surprises or BS if shopping for a KW.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Ricky

Expert Expediter
Hey Guys,

Do y'all know of a good place to find a nice used KW T300? Checked out the dealer you have named but these trucks need to be spec. Would like a truck ready to go that has a little more life in it and not worn out!!
New truck is out of the question right now.

Ricky

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Leo I know you put a Deposite and your an exception I know you and would trust you to follow through in a commitment. There are though many that change there minds and leave the deposite or ask for it back.

A T-300 Expediter truck is an easy sell but I still had to put down $5,000 to get this started as I am sure you did also. I am just saying your truck is very very rare and would be sitting on a dealers lot if the order canceled. A big risk for most salesman.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Ricky I was just at Fort Wayne KW they had one brand new one and one used what year the used one was I do not know ask for Mike Moss and tell him Kraig sent you.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ricky have you looked at truck paper.net they had about 12 used t300 listed.just go to heavy trucks then expediter/hotshots i think the web address is www.truckpaper.com good luck

Ricky

Expert Expediter
Sorry for the late reply.

Broompilot,
Going to try an give Fort Wayne KW a call Thursday or Friday.

MRSNAPPY,
Checked the truckpaper.com but did not see them, must have looked in the wrong place!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ricky,try it again just looked at there webb site and showed about 15 used trucks.go to www.truckpaper.com then click on heavy duty trucks then go down and click on expeditor/hotshots then click on kenworth also you might look right here on e/o free classifieds good luck

Ricky

Expert Expediter
MRSNAPPY,

Looked at it again and seen one really nice T300. It had around 466,000 on it, just like to know when I would have to rebuild the engine, transmission and ect.?

About to the point of buying a tractor and running it in the expedite business. Seem like I can find a really nice tractor that is newer and has less miles then most straight trucks.

Just a thought:)

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
>Checked out the dealer website that post on Expedites Online
>but do not see anyone that has any Kenworths T300. Anyone
>know of a GREAT dealership for the Kenworth T300 new and
>used?
>
>Thanks

Tom Tinker Retired Michigan Kenworth 18007226219 Ron Frieberg or any new truck sales or Ken in used trucks. Paccar also lease out
here. They have truckers lounge, laundry vending machines, coffee
pot on. Service all makes and models. I have been to Fort Wayne
dealership lots of differences.. Goo Luck Tom Tinker:)