TriState & Caterpillar

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Uh whitewolf, whoever told you that cat was no longer using expedite for freight was wrong. I have a team hauling a CAT load right now. CAT has cut back on their expedited freight, just like many companies have in order to survive...but CAT has not totally done away with sending freight expedite.

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I spoke with someone in dispatch...and take a look how many cargo vans are in Detroit and take a look at their idle time.. some sitting here from last monday

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think cat is shut down or cut way back in allot of spots right now that may have something to do with it. I guess I should ask my sis she works at the HQ in Peoria, might have some inside info on the work force.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
i think he drives for Teri-state not panther and is saying that he does not believe that panther is that slow as he is.

wellarmed

Not a Member
Tri State is no slower than Panther, Fed Ex or Express One. We regularly keep in contact with teams from Panther, Fed Ex, Express One, RJR and Nations Express. We are doing about the same as the Panther, Fed Ex and Express One trucks. Remember it always appears the grass is greener on the other side until you get there.

As for Cat. Our load from Indy to Wixom Mi today is picking up at Catapillar Logistics 2000 Executive Dr Indianappolis IN. ;)

I pulled for Tri State for about 14 months and I'm here to tell you,Tri State has never planted any grass.All the old Conway drivers that I know that started with Tri State after the sell out have left and are much happier were they are,to each his own.

wellarmed

Not a Member
I spoke with someone in dispatch...and take a look how many cargo vans are in Detroit and take a look at their idle time.. some sitting here from last monday

A dispatcher will tell you anything.You can usualy tell there lying if there lips are moving.I sure hope my dispatchers don't read this one.LOL

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
What are you talking about..I have 3300 miles loaded from jan 1st...and 4000 empty ...I don't think Panther is that slow...I have 9 days in Detroit and I am #5 on the board ..I'll be happy to get something to pay for the QC... and for CAT they wish to stil have the contract ...I called them and they said CAT is no longer use expedite for freight.

If your with Tri-State you must be a van or a solo because I can't see you only getting 3000 miles since Jan 1st. Our worst week was last week when we got stuck in Dallas, we only got a little under 900 miles for the week. We are averaging 1500 to 2000 miles a week this year. Yes that is bad but the other carriers are averaging the same. I don't mean they (just like us) might not have a week here and there where they run better miles than that. We have had better weeks and worse weeks. If you don't like T-State there are other carriers. We should all try to respect and protect the reputation of the carrier we drive for. Criticism is not meant just a friendly suggestion. :rolleyes:

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I have the right to tell the truth..or 1st amendment is not available for you mister...when I start with TriState the said Detroit is the best board and it was and now I have the right to tell to everybody from my experience what is going on there..I don't care about companies..what I care is my family..and I want every driver to share their experience to see the real face of those companies. If you think they care about drivers you are wrong. I'll criticize any company if they don't respect me and other drivers and I'll never support the companies who exploit people. Together we can change something.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I have the right to tell the truth..or 1st amendment is not available for you mister...when I start with TriState the said Detroit is the best board and it was and now I have the right to tell to everybody from my experience what is going on there..I don't care about companies..what I care is my family..and I want every driver to share their experience to see the real face of those companies. If you think they care about drivers you are wrong. I'll criticize any company if they don't respect me and other drivers and I'll never support the companies who exploit people. Together we can change something.

If you dislike Tri-State, which it seems from your post you are very angry at for some reason, imagined or real, why not go to a different carrier. I wouldn't want to stay with a carrier I felt twas abusing me and my peers? I personally am not seeing the exploitation your speaking of. :rolleyes:
Did they take something from you? :mad:
Did you haul a load you weren't paid for?
Perhaps you were paid less then you were told you would be paid on your load offer? :(
Surely their not forcing you to work for them? :eek:
What ? ? ? ? ?

Exploitation:

taking something off a person or group that rightfully belongs to them

short-changing people in trade

directly or indirectly forcing somebody to work

using somebody against his will, or without his consent or knowledge

imposing an arbitrary differential treatment of people to the advantage of some and the disadvantage of others

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Can you please mind your own business...I'll tell the truth even if you don't like it. That's why I live in US because I believe in freedom..and if you don't like it what are you doing here?...this site is expeditersonline...is a site for expediters to share their experience with another drivers...what is your problem?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
If you dislike Tri-State, which it seems from your post you are very angry at for some reason, imagined or real, why not go to a different carrier. I wouldn't want to stay with a carrier I felt twas abusing me and my peers? I personally am not seeing the exploitation your speaking of. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you were paid less then you were told you would be paid on your load offer? :(

Surely their not forcing you to work for them? :eek:
What ? ? ? ? ?

I can see how ppl can get upset about sitting for days,it ****s me off to no end.I know sitting is part of the industry,but when dispatch cant pull a loaf of bread out of a major city that tells me they are looking only for high dollar freight,and not concerned about the trucks rolling.We all know it cost them nothing to let us sit.Would be nice if dispatch and load planners payroll as based on what the trucks make.

Paid less then load offer,,,Yep thats happened several times to me

Forcing ya to work for them,,of course not,, But I can rember my recuiter telling me awhile back that dispatch works for us the owner ops.:D

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
It is not about to like or no TRIState. It is about the true.What happening now with TS is just incredible.I have a van driver who completed the orientation Wednesday and wait untill the next (!) Thursday in Cleveland OH for a load.He did not get anything so he is bringing my van back today.... This is a true and a fresh story .The van was in OH ,not in Laredo or Nebraska...Can I look in his eye today and say I'm sorry?It is my fault?Or should I blame TS?Before Ts was great ...now...
We not want 1500 miles per week ,but nothing in CLeveland one week I think is just to much.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yes Whitewolf this site is for expediters to share opinions and experiences. It seems you think yours is the only one that should be given. Don't I also have the right to state mine? :)
As I stated earlier criticism was not meant, just friendly suggestion and question. As for your "telling the truth even if I don't like it", what truth are you telling? Forgive me if I am a little slow but I am not understanding what truth your telling? So far I see great hostility and innuendos but not really anything concrete? What has happened to make you so bitter and hostile?
As for 'mind my own business'. I drive for Tri-State so I feel what affects Tri-State affects me, and all other Tri-State drivers, so it is my business as well. Again, I am not trying to put you down or hurt your feelings, I am just enquiring. Don't be sooo hostile! :D

Yes Mike99, I also can understand how drivers can get upset at sitting. We sat from Monday until Friday last week in Dallas and now are sitting this week-end in Toledo. If things don't pick-up soon we may well lose our house. So I am not happy with it either but I'm not going to go online and bash Tri-State because of it either.
Tri-State is looking and bidding on other than high-priced frieght. We took a reduced rate load Waterloo to Indy this week.

Sorry folks but I like Tri-State. Tri-State is an 'expediting' company. Don't they also have the right to a defense on an 'expediting' website? Ok come on, now ya'll can beat me up. :D

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Re caterpillar and expedite loads...
Cat still offers the 24hr delivery of parts for the machines under warranty. The problem right now is that Cat and Deere and other equipment mfrs have a lack of new sales and the fact that many customers are hardly utilizing the equipment they bought last year and the one before. The 24hr parts delivery in north america was one of the best things for the expedite co's as the parts have to get there. Right now there are not the parts or equipment sales so of course a gross lack of calls.

We are seeing the same from a couple of our customers who service the mining and road building industries. A gross lack of emergency calls. Even parts shippments to the airport have dropped off by 60+%.
Rob

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I can see how ppl can get upset about sitting for days,it ****s me off to no end.I know sitting is part of the industry,but when dispatch cant pull a loaf of bread out of a major city that tells me they are looking only for high dollar freight,and not concerned about the trucks rolling.We all know it cost them nothing to let us sit.Would be nice if dispatch and load planners payroll as based on what the trucks make.

Right and the minute somebody gets 2 or 3, $1.10 load offers in a row all they hear about is how horrible they are for running cheap freight

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Right and the minute somebody gets 2 or 3, $1.10 load offers in a row all they hear about is how horrible they are for running cheap freight

:eek: 1.10 a mile, I'll take it! yep, yessiree! just send it right over! heeheehee I'll take everyone of them 1.10 a mile cheap freight loads! :D

OOps! Darn, that's right, our load rate is 1.05 a mile. :eek:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

I dont think that would come from me directed at a driver for taking it to get his truck relocted.nothing of nothing is nothing,,so i say take the 1.10 to relocate,, its propely better then D/heading out..thats what a good dispatcher would (or should do)
Now if dispatch started to this to runs that are on the lanes we run every day,,you bet I raise a beech...I am all for the outfit I work for 100%..But I aint going to cut them a check to run cheap freight every day..I take the good with the bad most weeks in hopes things will turn.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I'm inferring that the carrier is cursed if they do and cursed if they don't.

After observation on this forum I have noticed that allot of the times the same who complain about low rates and are the same who complain about low runs, not always but allot of the time yes.

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I'm inferring that the carrier is cursed if they do and cursed if they don't.

the same who complain about low rates and are the same who complain about low runs, not always but allot of the time yes.

All Im new and confused,,ya say carrier,, I say dispatch or load planners to me carrier is the name on the door,,dispatch or load planner is a empoyee of the carrier..I find that when proplems arise the carrier (front office isnt even aware) its dispatch most times that dont do their jobs by digging up frieght to move the trucks instead,letting em sit and waiting for the high dollar freight to come into them.

Lows runs? ya mean short or local p-up and drops..
I take em most of the time if they think they can turn me right away.doesnt take many local runs to make a 400-500 dollar day
with out doing the 400-500 miles.but then again it maybe only 200 day
Back to the good with the bad theory,hoping tommorow is better..

moparnewt

Seasoned Expediter
I run with Tri-State and just got back the 5th and for three weeks out we had 4 loads,yes, you read correctly,FOUR loads.