Trick My Truck

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, I've been watchin' a show on CMT when I get a chance called "Trick My Truck"... I don't know if anybody else has had a chance to see it, but it's definetly worth watchin' it.

it's a half hour show where they take a hard workin' truck and basically "pimp it out" is the easiest way I can explain it.
We're talkin' new paint,
if tires or engine is bad they'll swap all that stuff out.
They re-do the interior's somethin' awesome.
They usually add exterior lights, and some other crazy things, like a winch mounted to the side of the frame to pull cars outa the ditch... or somethin' else far off the wall that the average person wouldn't normally think of.

However, they're only doin' tractor trailer rigs...
I can understand that the general public views tractor trailers as the primary freight haulers in the US.

What I'd like to see, is have them take an older expediter truck, not an M2 or Sprinter, but say an FL70 or regular cargo van or somethin' that's been really dogged out... and have them soup it up.

I know there's some expediters on here that have some souped up rigs, that are teams "usually".

Watching the show, they seem somewhat partial to the driver who runs solo, is down on their luck, but still drives to drive.

Some on here run so hard you, can't even see their lug nut covers.

Take one of these expediters that runs a "Stock" sleeper, with a 2 axle rig, that wants to do sooo much more...
and let the guys trick it out!

what a show that would be...
it would also draw attention to the expediting industry.

What a great marketing idea too, I'm sure co.'s would jump on the idea to sponsor such a thing.

Just an idea.

Imagine the joy on the face of an expediter who runs a 2 axle rig, who runs hard, is a really good person, and just wants to do more for their family and their industry.

You could take a wore out FL70 with a crawl-thru sleeper and make it a walk-thru... shower, toilet, why not soup it up with big water tanks and put a stack washer/dryer in the sleeper. Lift gate, 8 rows of E-track in the cargo box. Translucent roof on the cargo box. Larger fuel tanks, bigger better engine, liftable tag axle, neon lighting under the rig. Spot lights on both mirrors. heated wiper blades 'cause expediters run in the snow. Automatic chains too. lights of some kind in the box. How about a computer center, with printer, fax machine, and seperate copier.
Don't forget their hobbies too. Fishin rod holder, bicycle rack in the box, tool boxes that have lights inside. Maybe there's room for a small scooter somewhere? or ? awnings for relaxing on the back row of a truck stop during those 34 hour re-starts. BBQ Grill?

Make it a working truck that's also practical though...
that's the real challenge the show has to contend with.

Come on, I know you all got more ideas! Put 'em in here.

I mean really soup it up and make a solo expediter and their family have tears in their eyes... thats what makes America so great... the land of opportunity.

BiG BusBob

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Sorry Bob that you missed it but they where at the expediters show this year, back in Aug if you go back to some post from aug you will find some pics of them at the show.

Panther Art

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just seeing the trailer Chrome Shop Mafia brought to the Expo was worth the trip!

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I know that "The Chrome Shop Mafia" as they're called attends truck shows all over... they attend all kinds of shows.

What I was saying is it would be nice to see an expediter rig, all "tricked out".

I'm sure there's an expediting family out there somewhere that's down on their luck that could use a lil help - that's what they do on the show "Trick my Truck"... they help families and/or O/O's that are down on their luck.

Yes, I saw some of their work up close back in March at the Kentucky Truck Show. I'm never able to stay long by a chrome shop...
I'm like a cop by a donut shop... my eyes get glazed over.
Ha, I crack myself up!

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I'd sure like to see them do an expeditor D truck or even a van/Sprinter. Maybe fix it up with a little trailer for us nordern guys for us to have a sauna eh. youbetcha!!!