Tri-State Question

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Can anyone tell me what the per mile rates are for a cargo van at Tri-State?
Also, why does it take 3 days for orientation?
Thanks, Jumbuck:)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The first two days are paperwork and training videos, you have physicals and drugs tests, and the last day is a partial day with a tour of headquarters and meeting fleet coordinators. Not to mention vehicle inspections in there too.

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I have a truck on there the pay is 75 cpm plus fsc orientation 1st day is drug test and physical and long paper work day 2 was videos day 3 was 1/2 day then u sit till thurs morning before you are able to go in service

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love the 3rd day, a whole lot of hurry up and wait (sound familiar haha). When I was with them over a year ago, everyone had to go on a test drive to show you can drive safely. Even cargo vans have to prove they can back up to pass. A little over kill if you ask me. But orientation was enjoyable and good donuts :)

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Love the 3rd day, a whole lot of hurry up and wait (sound familiar haha). When I was with them over a year ago, everyone had to go on a test drive to show you can drive safely. Even cargo vans have to prove they can back up to pass. A little over kill if you ask me. But orientation was enjoyable and good donuts :)

Thanks for reply...Just curious, why did leave? Did you like it there? Did they keep you busy?
Thanks

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for reply...Just curious, why did leave? Did you like it there? Did they keep you busy?
Thanks

I liked the company (worked for them twice 10 yrs apart), good people. No problems with pay. I was driving straight truck team. They just could not keep us busy enough. No real complaints other then the miles. If you have to log (unless they stopped it) you would get speed log violations in the mail if you went over the computers set speed regardless of what the actual highway speed was. They said that was just how the system was set up, pretty much just filed them in the trash haha.