Tri-State: Fact or Fiction

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Pilgrim,
Let it be known that Tri-State now pays according to what type of vehicle you operate. A D unit gets $1.15/mi no matter what type of load he or she is hauling.

Thanks again,

abcwine

ps. I will answer the other questions tomorrow, I am getting bumped off the computer right now.

us_roadrunner

Expert Expediter
>What does Tri-State now pay for a B load?

Marty,

I believe they are paying .75 a mile up to 3000lbs. and a couple cents more per mile if you can legally scale over 3000lbs. I spoke with a recruiter regarding this recently and if I recall this is what he told me, but don't quote me. I don't drive for Tri-State.

Brian

a.k.a. us_roadrunner

jmead

Expert Expediter
I can't reply to the driver pay issues but can tell you that we've been very successful since diversifing our account base. We appreciate, of course, what GM has done for us but our new focus has brought strong volumes to the table. We now have over 25 sale people throughout the US and have more biz than we can handle. We'd welcome any O/O to call and learn about the pay plan because we believe it's the best there is to offer!

Call Tri-State Recruiters and find out for yourself what's going on with Tri-State.

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
Just wanted to add something about TS.
They are tweeking alot of policies and one of them is the first in first out policy.

Well those with 3/4 ton vans are now in a different catagory than those with 1-ton vans.

As a 1-ton van who is #1 does not mean you will get the first load offer on a particular board.

If there is a 3/4 ton van in the area or one comes in behind you that van will get the offer if the load is below a certain weight.

To save a nickle the 3/4 ton van will now be offered the load ahead of the 1-ton.

So FYI everyone driving for TS!!!

Some vehicles are sitting for days on end while others come and go!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is no secret I have been very critical of TS practices. Their efforts to change have reaffirmed my earlier posts. It is encouraging to see a change from a company that was giving their drivers a bad deal. I would make sure if one decides to get involved with them, to get everything in writing. Especially issues like fuel surcharges ect. Fuel prices are climbing, and those are issues one doesn't want to sweep under the rug. If TS wants to be successful, just be honest and straight forward. As the driver pool shrinks and the economy changes, folks will learn quickly who the game players are, and the ones that are not.