Canada Transforce keeps growing

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Transforce also owns TST expedite and transport division...and nearly every other trucking carrier in Ont and PQ....Why they decided to buy Dynamex is a real question mark...Dynamex only does courier work in the U.S.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not sure if it is a total and outright buyout. Article stated they bought up remaining outstanding shares..Knowing Transforce tho they will be major holders if and when this goes thru.
Maybe Im wrong but with the amount of work heading into Mexico and back out into Canada they are looking at the future with that Dallas headquarters, Kinda,,sort of a Mexican connection???
Transforce rarely makes wrong moves when it comes to money that I am aware of..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if it is a total and outright buyout. Article stated they bought up remaining outstanding shares..Knowing Transforce tho they will be major holders if and when this goes thru.
Maybe Im wrong but with the amount of work heading into Mexico and back out into Canada they are looking at the future with that Dallas headquarters, Kinda,,sort of a Mexican connection???
Transforce rarely makes wrong moves when it comes to money that I am aware of..

Not when it is owned by the Sapputo crime family..as in the cheese people...as well

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Next thing you know they will have purchased Firestone and will be putting their name on tires.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I own a set.. still small tires for small vechiles..even tho they are a commerical tire
Guess my post wasnt so funny

Last edited:

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Transforce also owns TST expedite and transport division...and nearly every other trucking carrier in Ont and PQ....Why they decided to buy Dynamex is a real question mark...Dynamex only does courier work in the U.S.

Maybe they want to partner it with their own courier divison Canpar?

What happened to Dynamex's expedite division out of columbus that you were associated with for a short time?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe they want to partner it with their own courier divison Canpar?

What happened to Dynamex's expedite division out of columbus that you were associated with for a short time?

The Columbus office was a "ghost"...never really existed...to operate in the US they needed an American base of operations so they picked Columbus Ohio office....everything was handled by the Cambridge Ont. depot...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
The Columbus office was a "ghost"...never really existed...to operate in the US they needed an American base of operations so they picked Columbus Ohio office....everything was handled by the Cambridge Ont. depot...

A carrier you mentioned earlier basically does the same thing I think. Just different cites. I think thats a smart move to operate here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd bet Dynamex Expedite division will disappear and be absorbed into the TST chain and the office in Cambridge closed...

But then again Transforce has a habit of keeping the old company name and adding that red slash across it and adding..."A Transforce Company"

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I think they like to refer to it as the, Red Ribbon
For sure there is a whole host of trucks with it on.
I know nothing of Cambridge office but Im still thinking they went after what ever is in Dallas???
Dallas to Canada is a pretty good lane to pick-up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope...courier and airport to airport...

Dynamex has an office in nearly every major US city...Dallas was just the head office...they were doing Staples, Office Max, Avon and a few more logistics...they do quite a bit hospital work as well...

Cambridge was/is the hub for the Can/US expedite division..

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Staples, Office Max, Avon and a few more logistics...they do quite a bit hospital work as well...

You know more about them then me,but I dont see alot of that feight going on TST trucks,,if it aint auto,good chance they aint hauling it (or much of it) for the most part.