Trailer Tail Conference Call 11/20/13

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Update on Trailer Tail performance and information about the conference call being held with Atdynamics. Chance to learn more about the Trailer Tail if you are interested and would like to ask questions.

More info in my blog this week:

ATdynamics Trailer Tail Conference Call

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It just hit me how impressive your numbers are.
I've been thinking that should be a 10+ mpg truck out of the factory. I've been thinking you're spending all this time and energy for a ten-twenty % increase in fuel mileage.
Although that would have substantial paybacks it's not for everyone.
My mind flips back to a conversation with an unnamed fleet driver.
He didn't believe your numbers as , if I remember correctly, he could only do about 8 mpg.
Comparing your numbers to 8 mpg is amazing.
Talking to other SSTs using def, what kind of numbers are you hearing ? Anyone else care to share ?
Also, I'm curious how your real numbers compare to the fuel tax printouts.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know there is skepticism when I post our fuel numbers which is why I will follow up with a DDEC report which shows even better numbers then using the odometer.

Most people we compare to have the Allison Transmission which hurt fuel mileage and most drive much faster then us.

The fuel tax printouts are close sometimes…. Depends on when they ping us.

Our number one goal when we get behind the wheel is to drive safe, pickup or deliver freight on time, and get the best fuel mileage possible. It shows in our clean records, or on-time pickup and deliveries and also the life time fuel mileage of not only this truck but our last truck.

When we have someone like Henry Albert in a Tractor Trailer with a life time fuel mileage average of 9.65 and two fills above 11 MPG we are always watching our back. A tractor trailer passing us in fuel mileage NO WAY. He is a fantastic driver though and he owns his own trailer that is very aerodynamic.

In reality for us is a game and we are always trying to improve on our score (MPG) and we have fun with it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
11172013 DDEC.jpg11172013 DDEC Daily.jpg

Here are the Engine Reports ran on 11/18/13 with lifetime fuel mileage and also one picture of three different days average fuel mileage. Hard to argue with an engine report

moose

Veteran Expediter
It is great to see those numbers.
good job!
fuel efficiency better then expected is needed in your case,
ATDynamics introduced an "Auto Deploy" option.
it won't save you much more money,
but you won't be able to resists the temptation.
happy shopping!:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
They were working on this project when we were there Moose… It is pretty cool but I consider opening and closing the TT as part of my pre trip and post trip. The other nice thing is that to close the TT forces us to get out and look where we will be backing. The Trailer Tail seems to be working as a nice safety gadget as well as saving our fuel. The call is this afternoon!