Tractor or straight truck for expediting???????

jdo1550

Seasoned Expediter
Hello, to all from JDO 1550!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any good advice on if I should purchase a straight and add a sleeper or go ahead with a tractor tractor trailor??? Would that bring me more profit?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
As a rule Tractors get a higher rate and they sit less because there is less of them competing with each other . Also if you are buying a truck you have more options with a tractor than a straight truck if expediting doesn't work out for you .

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
as was said,tractors get more per mile at most of the expedite companies.But if you decide the tractor expense will be more,and you will need to run team if you want the big money.It will be big money if your with the right company.
In case you haven't realized,solo's in expedite have a hard time as between the dead head to pick up and load,there isn't time for a 10 hour break in between,that goes for straight trucks too.With a tractor,if you don't do well in expedite at least you can go to another form of business with your truck,not the same with a straight truck.I run team,usually gross more than $ 225000 year,for about 260 days away from home.Don't believe you can do that with a straight truck,except maybe a D reefer unit,and would need to be team there too