Tractor Drivers Interesting Oppurtunity

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I drive a s/t, and i wouldn't even consider working a 12 hour day for $300. Especially in NYC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Also, it says to call Roger with any questions, but further down the ad it says don't call with any questions.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Maybe you would not. You have your own truck,but a T/T driver who doesn't have his own truck and needs a job certainly might be interested in a little over 22.00 an hour plus. It beats welfare right!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I was on FEMA duty after Katrina the pay for a S/T was $1100 per day. It sounds like this "opportunity" is for 1/4 or less of the actual pay.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Good deal 1100.00 per day! I got 1450.00 per day at Memphis airport for three days and all I had to do was sit there with FedEx cans on a stright truck didn't even have to drive anywhere except to the pilot and back everyday.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, that was my truck and it didn't matter if we did anything or not it was $1100. My assignment was with the food bank in Alexandria, LA. which was a M-F 9-5 operation and some days we didn't even leave the hotel. They'd let us know ahead of time if they needed us. A couple of days we showed up but nothing happened. Most days we'd deliver to churches etc. with <40-50 miles total. A couple of times we did long runs with a whopping 300-400 miles total for the day. The longest week of all used less than 100 gallons of fuel and the hotel weekly rate was around $250 so my expenses were about 1/2 of 1 day pay leaving 6 1/2 days of pay to cover food and misc.. I know of one guy who did 186 days straight.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Yes, that was my truck and it didn't matter if we did anything or not it was $1100. My assignment was with the food bank in Alexandria, LA. which was a M-F 9-5 operation and some days we didn't even leave the hotel. They'd let us know ahead of time if they needed us. A couple of days we showed up but nothing happened. Most days we'd deliver to churches etc. with <40-50 miles total. A couple of times we did long runs with a whopping 300-400 miles total for the day. The longest week of all used less than 100 gallons of fuel and the hotel weekly rate was around $250 so my expenses were about 1/2 of 1 day pay leaving 6 1/2 days of pay to cover food and misc.. I know of one guy who did 186 days straight.

That was a great deal hope that comes up for you again one day! 186 days for the other guy comes to 204,600.00 he might not need it again!

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Maybe you would not. You have your own truck,but a T/T driver who doesn't have his own truck and needs a job certainly might be interested in a little over 22.00 an hour plus. It beats welfare right!

I dunno, more and more people in this country think that being on welfare is a pretty sweet deal. Plus you get an Obama phone.

Monty

Expert Expediter
That was a great deal hope that comes up for you again one day!

For him to have such a great deal .... there had to be a hurricane. Some many not consider that a great deal at all! ;)