TPS

Graybeard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Now that I know TPS stands for third party service my next question is what is wrong with third party companies. We move expedited freight for several logistics companies and have had no problems yet.
Some of these logistics people don't do the best job for their clients price wise as they could, but thats between them and their client. We have always been paid the agreed rate and miles. Please let me know what problems you have had so I can avoid them. Thanks in advance if you should save my butt. :D

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
There is really nothing else to "watch out" for as far as TPS freight
is concernd, except the revenue offered. It is usually deeply discounted to the truck. After DH it'll pay you sixty to ninety cents
If you can haul freight for that going anywhere but home, more power to you.

BOBBYSGIRL

Expert Expediter
TPS ISN'T ALL THAT BAD. IT JUST NEVER FAILS IF YOU PICK UP A LOAD ON FRIDAY AND IT SAYS IT'S CONFIRMED TO DELIVER ON SATURDAY YOU DRIVE YOUR BUTT OFF TO GET IT THERE. THEN WHEN YOU GET TO THE DELIVERY AND THERE CLOSED. THATS YOUR PROBLEM. YOU DON'T GET DETENTION TIME YOU GET TO SIT ON THIS LOAD ALL WEEKEND. WHEN YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN YOUR TIME AND MAYBE EVEN VISIT YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY. THATS WHEN TPS IS BAD. WE HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN SO MANY TIMES. I KNOW WHY IT HAPPENS IT BECAUSE EVERY THINGS GET MESSED UP FROM GOING THRU SO MANY PEOPLE. BUT IT DOESN'T HELP WHEN YOUR ANGRY AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOUV'E BEEN LIED TO. I ALSO DON'T LIKE GOING TO PICK UP A LOAD AND THEY THINK YOUR FROM A DIFFERENT COMPANY AND NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU TELL THEM THEY STILL DON'T GET IT. IT'S A PAIN.