Tornados hammer S.E Mich

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Jeffman had dime sized hail and torrential rains for 30 minutes straight at his house, with an unconfirmed touchdown in the village just 5 miles south of him. I am about 35 miles SW of him and I got some rain, a little thunder...meanwhile, less than an hour from me, Dexter, MI gets hit by a tornado. Welcome to March in Michigan

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
are the truck stops damaged?

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Fuel early some of the local stores with power out of diesel due to the storms and people running the tanks dry

Load One #188

guido4475

Not a Member
Fuel early some of the local stores with power out of diesel due to the storms and people running the tanks dry

Load One #188

This is unfortunate.Anything I can do to help anyone, let me know.I slept through this at the office.Not good.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Pilot and TA in Dexter are up and running. We are sitting at the Pilot fuel island now.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
as of this morning...no injuries, no deaths.....just a lot of insurance adjusters running around to-day I would imagine....
The twin Pilots are 3 miles from Dexter...

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
National weather service now says it was an F-3, and one of the strongest ever in michigan.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well, you can thank the Gov. for that.
they play God and moved the Jet stream north this winter.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
National weather service now says it was an F-3, and one of the strongest ever in michigan.

NWS has applied the storm data to the 1953 Beecher Tornado and rated that one F-5. Until Joplin, MO it had the dubious distinction of being the single most destructive tornado in recorded US history (118 dead, over 800 injured, more than 600 homes and businesses destroyed).

Nevertheless, I don't care if it's an F0, I wouldn't want one a-knock knock knocking at MY door.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
The tornado hit about 5 miles from our office in Whitmore Lake. My neighbor rode his bike to the area and snapped these pics. Very telling of how bad this storm really was!

DSC00249.jpg
laundry1.jpg
wall2.jpg
Gone2.jpg
massdamage1.jpg
reallygone.jpg

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
The "unconfirmed" one near Jeffman was confirmed. By a destroyed house, eyewitnesses, and the path trail. Haven't heard the F-rating on that one.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw a little bit on our local newscast about the tornados up there.I was wondering about everyone up around that area.Glad everyone was ok.