tomorrow

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Actually, Leo, what you're saying flies in the face of your opinion that a load is a load is a load. A team looking at purgatory tacked on to a 1500 mi run would probably grin and bear it. A solo looking to do a 400 mi run from the same place is definitely looking for a truck to swap out with (if you have qc).

As far as I'm concerned, there's an exception to every rule. An 800 miler to Manhattan would cause me to run in the opposite direction. However, a load from LA to Manhattan wouldn't even be considered to turn down. And it's very possible that I'd pay to swap with a local to finish the run. Some things aren't worth the risk, mentally or crunchily.

Personally, I don't mind being called a wimp for not going where others are willing to. It's all about what you're comfortable with. But stating so because you're afraid of getting crunched is one thing, tho; and stating so because your finances say it stinks, or because you don't like it, is something totally different.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hawk, a load is a load is a load but changing load to destination makes the statement untrue from my pov. I've taken loads to the purgatory area and I'm sure I will again, however, those are loads originating in Texas or somewhere that makes it too good to turn down. From Indy or Peoria? No thanks, unless it's got a big inducement added. As I suggested in my prior post, taking half a day for 100 or so miles, either in purgatory or NYC (purgatory #2 I'm sure), is not what I want to do so other than when the miles or the incentive are too huge to pass up I'll pass on those type runs. That's just my preference though.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.