Tolling on new Louisville bridges begins 12/30

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
when I was Canadian.....I paid every toll...even Ontario Plate with EZ pass they picked it up.....I never tried deliberately trying to go thru Open Tolling with no transponder...thats highly illegal..knowingly going thru like that is transportation Fraud and theft of
services....
Sorry to hear you gave up your citizenship
let me do an edit on that....Like our leader here Lawrence.....always a Canadian first!!!....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is the I-265 bridge open now?
Yes I used it for the first time last night. Came 65 south and jumped on 265 east. Nice road definitely cut off a few minutes to ford truck. Nice bridge, the tolling equipment was overhead after you crossed on both sides. Nice.new.tunnel just south of the bridge.

Ez pass, river pass or pay by mail. You would think they.would offer online payment.

Reactions: ntimevan

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
From Nashville and/or middle TN area I always opted to route myself up Pennyrile and the old US41 when going to Chicagoland or points Wisconsin. Or going back south from those midwest points.

Been taking that route for almost 20 years. I remember last year I booked a trip from Alabama to Chicago with a huge winter storm inbound. I rode slowly over snow packed roads all the way to Chicago nonstop. I-65 in Kentucky was a frozen roller rink and shut down that night for about 12 or more hours. 41 that time kept my schedule uninterrupted.

It normally only adds about a half hour to the trip (semi truck), cuts about 40 miles off of it, and the traffic is minimal regardless if day or night. The red lights in Terre Haute are not so bad during the day either. At night many times you can just breeze on through.

In recent years a lot of paving and roadwork has really smoothed it out too. It used to be really rough on some stretches. It's a nice change of pace much less taxing (no pun intended) in many ways than the I-65 route.

Last edited: