Tolling on new Louisville bridges begins 12/30

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Could Placement location of this put us in violation, I was under the impression we can have nothing above a certain portion of the lower windshield? 3 or 4 inches? Am I wrong?
Also not really sure on the names of the KY bridge's but have a idea of which ones they are, Can someone drop a pin or screenshots to the exact location.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well that puts a damper on going there!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Now to figure out how much to add to cost of coming and going. If its going to cost me $10 do I try to add $15, since I'm putting money up front and carrier doesn't reimburse me for any toll roads What's a fair profit?

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went through there a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see all the construction done, but I didn't see any toll systems.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I went through there a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see all the construction done, but I didn't see any toll systems.

Sounds like its all going to be open tolling? I don't know. Unless you where looking at all the upright poles you may have not noticed them. I didn't see anything about cash boxes yet. Waiting on the KY folks to chime in.

tknight

Veteran Expediter

High tech licensee plate recognition system don't know how they plan on collecting it but they will I'm sure !

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got ezpass should probably look at it. Probably got charged without even knowing it(stealth tolling).

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
High tech licensee plate recognition system don't know how they plan on collecting it but they will I'm sure !

Guess I missed that part in what articles I looked at. When I was with Tst some of the Canadians claimed they never paid Chicago tolls due to the fact that the location of the license plate on their straight truck and the scanners didn't pick up on them?? No idea how true that is. I can't remember if their plates are up front or in the back like ours..

tknight

Veteran Expediter
They may have a fund of sorts to allow some errors and they have taken that into account when deciding rates for tolls and the fact that they are really saving on payroll costs in the long run

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least Kentucky has a history of eliminating tolls when a project has been paid for.

Reactions: Slo-Ride

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ezpass and toll by plate only.
Cheapest if you have a transponder.
A bit north of the bridge you can see the toll collecting equipment, spans both north and southbound lanes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Guess I missed that part in what articles I looked at. When I was with Tst some of the Canadians claimed they never paid Chicago tolls due to the fact that the location of the license plate on their straight truck and the scanners didn't pick up on them?? No idea how true that is. I can't remember if their plates are up front or in the back like ours..
when I was still Canadian based....I paid every toll...even Ontario Plate with EZ pass they picked it up.....I never tried deliberately trying to go thru Open Tolling with no transponder...thats highly illegal..knowingly going thru like that is transportation Fraud and theft of services....

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could Placement location of this put us in violation, I was under the impression we can have nothing above a certain portion of the lower windshield? 3 or 4 inches? Am I wrong?
Also not really sure on the names of the KY bridge's but have a idea of which ones they are, Can someone drop a pin or screenshots to the exact location.
In my vans my transponder has been directly behind my review mirror a few inches from the top of the windshield for years.

Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In the Sprinter, mine is mounted about an inch from the top center of the windshield. It's right in the middle of that shaded area with all the dots.

Best way to find out if you're in violation is to pull up to a toll booth. If the light changes from red to green, you're not.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am positioned as the 2 posters above....centre about a couple inches down..had no problems

1 liitle quirk I learned when Canadian based...we used to come down 99 alot from 80 to Bedford and get on 1 exchange to Breezewood exit.....before the transponder we grabbed a ticket and got to Breezewood...NO CHARGE...apparently the locals have a deal with Penn Dot ...but if you have a transponder they'll bill you for it...take the transponder down...its a FREE jump on if you are coming down from State College...thats a $3.40 cash...or $2.31 EZ pass in my pocket..:)
Pennsylvania tolls. Pennsylvania Turnpike toll calculator.

Last edited: