Tires

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Continental tires do not buy them for a Tractor Trailer. They are Cheap Junk! They are Crap on Wet Roads...
The Steers have a Wear Pattern that at 25,000 they pull to the right and got to be swapped (rotated). Contact Freightliner and any Service Sup will tell you. They are Cheap Junk. So for you that are Specking out Trucks Remove them from the plan as they are truly junk. Don't matter if its Steers or Drives. Not worth a crap on Wet Roads they float poor water separation and they are not worth a hoot in the snow either..
Garbage is taken out.
Have a Nice day.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
that is for sure ,I put them on
Continental tires do not buy them for a Tractor Trailer. They are Cheap Junk! They are Crap on Wet Roads...
The Steers have a Wear Pattern that at 25,000 they pull to the right and got to be swapped (rotated). Contact Freightliner and any Service Sup will tell you. They are Cheap Junk. So for you that are Specking out Trucks Remove them from the plan as they are truly junk. Don't matter if its Steers or Drives. Not worth a crap on Wet Roads they float poor water separation and they are not worth a hoot in the snow either..
Garbage is taken out.
Have a Nice day.
they are junk,weather on a tractor or trailer couldn't get more than 35000 out of set.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
don't put them on any thing, my first sprinter had them and only got 25,000 miles on them before replacing them

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm... on my Promaster i got 170,000 on 1 pair (continentals ) before replacing and 180,000 miles on other pair ... replaced with Firestone transforce HT .... and now at 273,000 miles on Van 1rst pair needs replaced at 100,000 miles .... don't like the firestones ..... looking at buying new Vans .... if not done .... i am going to Michelin tires next

Reactions: scottm4211