Time to stop lurking

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
I have been reading these forums for several years now and have finally decided to join the fray. We have been driving a straight truck for close to three years now and are still enjoying ourselves most days. I look forward to being a part of some of the conversations!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Welcome. Please tell us a little more about yourself. Interests,hobbies,etc.

We need to know more before we can pick on you.

Just kidding. Welcome aboard. We need fresh perspectives.

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. We are retired air force. Hubby was a B52 gunner, hence the handle I have chosen. We now live in Wilmington Ohio (home of the expo!), but I am always up to moving somewhere else. We are fortunate to have a large extended family and expediting gives us the perfect oppotunity to stop and see them during layovers. I won't ramble on, but we do have a lot of different interests as you will find out as time goes on.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to our club. My uncle was a "tail gunner" during WWII and in Korea. A hardy group to be sure.

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
Lol! Hubby flew in the tail for about 100 hours then graduated to being up with the rest of the crew. I was a cook in the flight kitchen and out on the alert pad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lol! Hubby flew in the tail for about 100 hours then graduated to being up with the rest of the crew. I was a cook in the flight kitchen and out on the alert pad.

Where at? We had a "SAC" bomber base in the UP in Michigan.

My uncle was killed in a runway accident at Bunker Hill AFB IN, when there used to be a base there. That was either 1961 or 62.

I used to "work" with the B1B's for 5 years. I was involved with the targeting of about half that fleet.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I have been reading these forums for several years now and have finally decided to join the fray. We have been driving a straight truck for close to three years now and are still enjoying ourselves most days. I look forward to being a part of some of the conversations!

Wow - a several year lurker! Welcome aboard!!

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
We were stationed at Wurtsmith in Oscoda. It was a great place! I just had a hard time with the winters especially since I am from Arizona.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We were stationed at Wurtsmith in Oscoda. It was a great place! I just had a hard time with the winters especially since I am from Arizona.

I used to salmon fish right off the end of the runway there on the Ausable River. I thought that Wurtsmith was primarily the KC 135 base and the bombers were up at K.I. Sawyer?