Time to say goodbye

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We got the diagnoses on Friday. Stage 4 Lymphoma. The Dr isn't giving him very good odds but we are keeping our thoughts positive. The Lord will get us through this.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

It can be a tough road at times but just make sure you take care of yourself as you take care of him.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

coppertone

Active Expediter
Well it saddens me to say this but my husband and I are off the road for a very extended time.

The beginning of July we took Richard to the ER in OKC for chest pains. They ran all sorts of test, one being a Chest CT. During the CT they discovered masses in his stomach. The ER discharged him and referred us to an outside source. Without insurance its very hard to get anything done. So we decided to go back out on the road to try to put some money away.

While we were on the road things got worst. Last Sunday, 07/29, I brought him home to OKC and the ER again. After several more test they admitted him. Since they have admitted him he has had several more test.

As of right now they're saying that he has a very aggressive form of Lymphoma. So needless to say we are not going back on the road.

We have made many friends during our short time expediting. Hopefully one day we can do it again. We wish everyone the best of luck out there and if you're every in the OKC let us know.

Kristi- So sorry to hear about your situation. Please go to truckersfund.com. Or google St. Christophers Fund. This is a christian-based organization who's sole purpose is helping truck drivers in financial need due to health issues, whether it's cancer, diabetes, obesity, sleep apnea, etc. Maybe they can help you with some of those medical bills. God Bless and keep the faith!

Kristi

Active Expediter
I wanted to give everybody an update. The diagnoses is stage 4 lymphoma. He's gotten he first round of Chemo. The first trip to the hospital the kept him 15 days. They let him go home Saturday the 11th. On Monday he spiked a fever of 101.5 so we took him back to the ER. They admitted him again. His immnue was almost completely gone. Since Monday they has pumped him full of antibiotics and given him some shots to help rebuild his white blood cell count. As of today he is looking and feel much better and there are rumors of him be released tomorrow. He told me yesterday "I know my insides are doing well but my outsides are feeling great!" Lol...so this is a step in the right direction. We'll find out tomorrow when his next round of Chemo is. Oh and the masses/tumors are already shrinking and his lymphnodes are starting to finally release fluid so it appears that the Chemo is doing its job.

Ill post later with more update.
Thank you so much everybody for all the positive thoughts and prayers. God is definatly watching over us.

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
That is awesome..... Im glad to hear it. Next week is my second round of chemo... hope things are doing well and it great to hear that the fluid is being released, that is a great sign.

Kristi

Active Expediter
That is awesome..... Im glad to hear it. Next week is my second round of chemo... hope things are doing well and it great to hear that the fluid is being released, that is a great sign.

Thank you. Right now they have to build him back up before they can give him the Chemo to knock him back down. I think what they'll do is as long as his immune system is holding up they'll send him home and then when its time for Chemo they'll do it here at the hospital's outpatient floor. That way if his immune system dumps again he's already here.

How's everything going with your situation? How often are you getting Chemo? If this is to personal to answer on here you can PM me.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Hi Kristi,

I'm stuck in Denver ...truck is broke down, no loads...blah blah blah, read your post, and realized things could be a lot worse. Hope your able to stay positive and I hope your situation turns out the very best way it can. All the best.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
Hi Kristi,

I'm stuck in Denver ...truck is broke down, no loads...blah blah blah, read your post, and realized things could be a lot worse. Hope your able to stay positive and I hope your situation turns out the very best way it can. All the best.

Thank you Chance. We are staying as positive as the situation will allow. Yesterday and today have been good, actually great, days. I know though there will be bad ones as well and that is when I need to stay positive.

Sorry to hear about the truck and lack of freight. Hope everything starts moving for you soon.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sending Prayers and best Wishes to you and Him as well.
With Postivie attitude and Believing you will both see this Through.
Bless both of you.
God Speed to you Both.

Attachments

• four-leaf-clover.jpg
    four-leaf-clover.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 42

Kristi

Active Expediter
Ok another update. Richard had his second treatment yesterday. He's doing great today. He's not having any really bad side effects. He is losing his hair but it doesn't look bad. He'll go in and have scans and xrays done soon and we'll find out how well the Chemo is working. God is keeping his hand on us and everything is going well.

As for myself, I have a job interview today with Iron Mountain. They pay well as well as offer benefits. So fingers crossed.

Thank you everyone for all your positive thoughts and prayers.

Kristi

Active Expediter
Thank you Cheri. Ill let y'all know how the interview goes :)

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Hey Kristi -

Having been the primary caregiver for someone going through--and still going through--chemo, I think you'll find it goes up and down; hopes up, then dashed, then back up, etc. So many different side effects of the disease (Mickey Rooney once said it is called a disease because that's what it is, a dis-ease, in that it puts you ill at ease with the way you want to be) and the drugs and the reaction to it all that your head can spin trying to understand what's doing what. Not to be harsh, but a friend who's mother was also going through cancer and chemo said "They take you as close to death with chemo as they can to try and kill the cancer...and that can be rough to watch as caregiver." It is rough, and my best thoughts are with you and yours.

As for Iron Mountain; yes! I have worked as on outside contractor at I don't know how many Iron Mtn facilities all over the United States and have always, always, been impressed with the way they run their show, from employee satisfaction, to how they treat clients, to their drivers, etc. A very interesting company, and one with a very interesting origin that is worth looking up. Hope you get the gig.

Lots of light and love to you both in this time of new horizons and changes.

Ok another update. Richard had his second treatment yesterday. He's doing great today. He's not having any really bad side effects. He is losing his hair but it doesn't look bad. He'll go in and have scans and xrays done soon and we'll find out how well the Chemo is working. God is keeping his hand on us and everything is going well.

As for myself, I have a job interview today with Iron Mountain. They pay well as well as offer benefits. So fingers crossed.

Thank you everyone for all your positive thoughts and prayers.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Best of luck on the job ! Looks Luke you have at least a few positives going for you at the moment. Hope that continues !

Kristi

Active Expediter
Update: richard is doing well. He's been in and out of the hospital due to his white blood cell count but other than that he's good. After just 2 chemo treatments 2 of the 3 masses are completely gone and the largest of the 3 has shurnk from 9 cm to 5 cm. Dr. has him scheduled for 3 more chemo treatments. I'm still unemployeed however the Lord has a reason. I hope everyone else is doing well and thank u all again for ur prayers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348774674519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348774674519.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 45