Time to BRAG about the BIG $$$ LOAD

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Today I had one of those runs you dream about only wish it was a coast to coast run...lol

Got a $8.09 per mile run today

Now the rest of the story it was a 28 mile run pickup south side of Seattle delivery northeast of Seattle.

So anybody wish to share about their top dollar load?

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
This was not a high dollar run but several years ago I did expediting for Auto Quik. Had a run I made several times From Dryden Mi to Madison Heights MI. about 3o miles. Pickup only 5 miles from my house. Usually paid around $50.00 I got this call once had PU in 2 hours freight was not ready. Stopped by my fathers house which was on the way. Visited 20 minutes got in my truck message on qual-com said shipper cancelled pickup and I recieved a dry run of $70.00

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Auto-Quick? Now there is a blast from the past!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Once I took a load of bus tires from one garage to another in Manhatten NYC,drove 4 blocks for $450.00

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, today I did about 50 cents per yard. I got to the shipper and was told after loading at building 1 I needed to go to a dock at building 2 which was on the opposite end of the property with parking lots in between. I called the company and told them I'd been informed I was picking up a second batch at a second building and gave the details. I was told I'd be paid an extra stop pay. It turns out their one way driveways led to the one going by the other building so to exit I had to go right by it. I figure it was about 25 yards to back into the dock and 25 yards to get back into the drive to exit so that's about 50 cents per yard or $880 per mile. If only it had been around 50 miles at that rate instead of 50 yards. :+

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
once did a load that picked up in an airport I had to load and unload,and drive it across the street, got 5 hrs detention and total pay was around 900 bucks actual time working 45 minutes

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
When we started with Fecc one of our 1st loads was across the parking lot for Eckerd drugs photo lab..
They had just built a new store and needed the machine (on casters) transferred, 45 min if memory serves and paid $1200.
Here's the kicker about 100 yards and different zipcode..
I thought to my self no wonder people love this expedite thing..... Mike and Cyn

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
My biggie was from Roberts Express,Philadelphia old post office, to the new one,7 blocks away for $1200,then had a dispatcher say they would not pay me that again,same pay same run 3 weeks later,oh well,those were the days.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well I don't know how to figure this, but got a call from dispatch (while at home) to please take my pallet jack over to a delivery and unload one skid.

I did not want to play with my truck so I just threw the thing in my pickup and pulled the skid off ($250k comupter), and pulled it in to the computer room.

Went back home, so no miles on the truck for $250.00. whole thing took about 1.5 hours.

So to recap 0 miles X $250.00 = $000.00? wait a minute how did that happen? I got robbed!

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
About 8 years ago, I was living in California and working for a local courier/freight company. (B_Unit) I was asked to help transfer some goods at the Toshiba laptop division in Irvine overnight. When I arrived at the scheduled time of 10PM, they were not ready to begin. I was offered to kick back in a recliner and nap. Five hours later I was awakened by a staff member who told me they would begin in about 10 minutes. We then loaded my cargo van a total of three times and went to the next building over and they unloaded it. At 6am I left and went home.

This was not hug money, but I did make a $25 minimum per hour whether I had worked or not. If we had left the campus to go to another plant, I would've been paid for that as well.

Total $200.00, five out of 8 were sleeping. For three hours I was the steering wheel holder while the employees moved all of their stuff onto and off of my van.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
After reading all the other posts I now believe I was paid sub standard rate and totally agree with Jim & Karen that I was also robbed.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
John Stop bragging:) :p My best load(s) was working for FEMA for 90 days straight after Katrina and Rita; $1100.00 per day to the trk and they paid for food,fuel,showers and even did our laundry for us. $99,000.00 for 90 days ain't bad.......

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I never thought about FEMA. I got 19 days at the tail end. They didn't furnish anything but did pay the $1100 a day for every calendar day. I had no problem buying fuel, food, motel etc. out of that.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Teflon

Seasoned Expediter
3 weeks ago we got 3000.00 bonus plus 1.55 per mile and .45 fsc for 1412 mile trip...also got 37.50 border crossing and 30.00 detention....grand total to truck 5856.28. About 4.15/mile.......it will probably never happen again....but sure hope it does.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Teflon,
Don't start talking about those millions now:7

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator