THUD Amendment Targets New Driver Hours of Service Rules

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a start. What we NEED is to strip the regulatory powers from the administration and put it BACK in the hands of the People, the Congress, where it belongs.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
It's a start. What we NEED is to strip the regulatory powers from the administration and put it BACK in the hands of the People, the Congress, where it belongs.

Its a smoke screen I tell ya..A smoke screen..:cool:

Only thing now thats going to change what we have in place is for every truck or a large amount of them to go fishing at the same time for a few days..Not go on strike,,I said fishing, take a long weekend starting on a Monday morning and continue untill ya have the full 34 hour reset..Wait make that the 54 hour reset..(I forgot the Gov has come out with a new clock.) Just the lose of revenue from the fueling stations is going to make a uproar.. If the first fishing trip doesnt work and make someone stand up and take notice then we go bird watching for a few days..Nothing Illegal about taking time off work.. We all need time away anyways. The Gov tells us so.
Carriers should get on board with this also,,Letting us run the way we need to and the way we use to a few months ago would benefit them also.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Only thing now thats going to change what we have in place is for every truck or a large amount of them to go fishing at the same time for a few days..Not go on strike,,I said fishing, take a long weekend starting on a Monday morning and continue untill ya have the full 34 hour reset..Wait make that the 54 hour reset..(I forgot the Gov has come out with a new clock.) Just the lose of revenue from the fueling stations is going to make a uproar.. If the first fishing trip doesnt work and make someone stand up and take notice then we go bird watching for a few days..Nothing Illegal about taking time off work.. We all need time away anyways. The Gov tells us so.
Carriers should get on board with this also,,Letting us run the way we need to and the way we use to a few months ago would benefit them also.

If I had a way to swing it I would just go fishing, and stay there. The hell with this business.:(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not sure how there is a loss in revenue. Over a few weeks time the same amount of loads will move. The same total miles will be drove. The same fuel will be purchased.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not sure how there is a loss in revenue. Over a few weeks time the same amount of loads will move. The same total miles will be drove. The same fuel will be purchased.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Not if we ALL went fishing for a week! :p

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Xiggi
Corporate america is spending it a fast as we are. They are banking on what we spend today to operate tommorow..Boycott 1 truck stop or one grocery store for a week and something is going to cave in. Yes the freight may move the next day but at what cost to the ppl waiting for it?

Dont get me wrong I really dont want to see anything like that happen to anyone but Im thinking its the only way this issue will get fixed to our benefit.

psm127_dad

Seasoned Expediter
I know it may sound naive, but your congressman/woman does take note of communications sent to them. Snail mail has the most impact, then email. Phone calls make little difference unless a large effort is made to jam the phone lines...

Also, all of them have websites & most have a way to express your thoughts on the issues incorporated within their website.

I too would hope that some sort of work slow down or (for lack of a better term) strike would not take place. But, what is it going to take? There will only be more & more regulation when we allow the rules to be made by unelected people who need to justify their job by coming up with new ideas...

When a bean counter can make a rule that has the force of law then we have already lost the war. Put the regulations back where they belong... back to the people we can fire at the next election.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know it may sound naive, but your congressman/woman does take note of communications sent to them. Snail mail has the most impact, then email. Phone calls make little difference unless a large effort is made to jam the phone lines...

Also, all of them have websites & most have a way to express your thoughts on the issues incorporated within their website.

I too would hope that some sort of work slow down or (for lack of a better term) strike would not take place. But, what is it going to take? There will only be more & more regulation when we allow the rules to be made by unelected people who need to justify their job by coming up with new ideas...

When a bean counter can make a rule that has the force of law then we have already lost the war. Put the regulations back where they belong... back to the people we can fire at the next election.

The ONLY thing that congressmen, senators or presidents pay attention to is who is paying them off. They are bought and paid for by big money. We are just a thorn in their pinky finger.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
It is called THUD because that is the sound it is going to make when it is dropped 30-seconds after it is presented.