Throttle Position Sensor

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know where the throttle position sensor is located on a 2010 Chevy Express with 4.8L? If so, is it a difficult swap?

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
On my 2003 6.0 it was on the drivers side of the throdle body.just left of the back of the alt. Easy to change have to move the Alt. out of the way.

Last edited:

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Did you find it? If you are sure you need one, Just go buy one look back in there and you will see it, Its held in there by 2 little screws, and it has a wire going to it.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
No. I couldn't find it. Is it in a plastic housing? Maybe I need to take the engine cover off from the inside of the van. I have been trying to find a picture of it on the net but no luck.

I appreciate your help.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You won't find it behind the engine cover inside the van...it will be located in the front of the motor on the Throttle body inlet. On my 05 4.8 it is attached with 2 screws and is no bigger then 2 inches across...I can't speak to what it looks like on a 2010, but...Why not stop at a parts house and ask them to look up the senor for you van, have them pull it off the shelf and look at it, then yu will know what you are looking for....

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
I should have asked in the first place, What makes you think you need a new one?? I was just thinking on a 2010 do you even have one? Do you have a cable that pulls the Throttle or is it electronic??

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
It is electronic (drive by wire). I am trying to eliminate the least expensive possibilities on the problem I have. See the thread I started titled "problem with van"