Those of you that have 05-06 engines. What are your plans for California next year?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
On Jan. 1 2014 trucks with model year engines 2005 and 2006 will no longer be allowed in California unless they have been upgraded with a Diesel Particulate Filter to meet the CARB requirements.

If you have a truck with this model year engine what are your plans?

I'm only seeing three options:
Pull California out of the road atlas and take them off your CAB Card
Buy a newer truck
Have a DPF installed

Anyone else have any thoughts?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Re: Those of you that have 05-06 engines. What are your plans for California next yea

I'll take number two for a hundred.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Re: Those of you that have 05-06 engines. What are your plans for California next yea

unless you registered for the extension by jan. of this year, you are already no longer allowed.

as for your question, #2 also. i didnt file for the exemption so i have already taken ca. off my cab card.

also dont get confused on the year. the law goes by engine year not truck year.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator

There is also a 1000 mi per year exemption. You have to file paperwork to get it.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter

We are going with option 2 also no need ran a month without going did just as well if we did.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

California? Where is California?...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I think for most, it will depend on how much the carrier is doing out there.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

We do a lot of runs into and out of California. My thought is that if we can't go to California we probably won't go to Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington, etc. anymore. A lot of runs that deliver in those western states have runs that go into California and then we get loads out of California heading back east. We will pretty much have to stop at Dallas. That's a big part of the country that we won't be able to service anymore.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Been doing this 3 yrs now, and have never went to Cali. So no change of plans for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

Been doing this 3 yrs now, and have never went to Cali. So no change of plans for me.

Solo or team?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Have done both, but running solo right now.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

Have done both, but running solo right now.

Was running solo till last month now were running full team, we already are cali legal but yet to get there as solo or team, have fellow drivers that have been there quite a bit and having good luck, seems it would be bad to disqualify a state that big regardless of the reason ..IMHO

usafk9

Veteran Expediter

Was running solo till last month now were running full team, we already are cali legal but yet to get there as solo or team, have fellow drivers that have been there quite a bit and having good luck, seems it would be bad to disqualify a state that big regardless of the reason ..IMHO

What year is your truck, Spongebox?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

What model year is the engine? A lot of 07's have 06 model year engines.

The one were in now is 07

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

How often does the dpf have to be serviced?

Stoops looked it over last month and was given a good inspection, 07 engine

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

How often does the dpf have to be serviced?

4- 5000 hrs or 150,000 miles is what stoops said

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

Fleetserve.com good place for info and parts.