This is why I avoid Races

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I hate to see or hear anybody getting hurt at the races. I never would sit that close to the fence. And maybe those people couldnt get better seats or they liked to be that close, to me being that close is way to dangerous.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was at Indy one year. First row behind the fence turn one. Massive pileup on the start, nothing came through the fence but a tire went over, and injured people about 20 rows back.
I never attended another race.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
In 1987 a spectator was killed at Indy after being hit by a tire and wheel in turn 3. The man that was killed was seated in the top row of the grandstands.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only "big league" race I ever attended was a race in Japan. It was the first race at the "MUTZU" road course. Some American drivers were there. It was summer of '72. We sat on the ground, on a curve, no stands, no fences, about 5 feet off the track. Sure wish video cameras were around back then! Took some amazing shots of cars, but they too got ruined in my basement flood.

We were FAR too young and stupid to know how dangerous it was.

races

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
there is a risk with anything. I saw a guy get rolled over by a flat bed truck at a truck stop.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
No reason to avoid races all together. Just make sure when you get your tickets you sit up as high as you can. Problem solved. I refuse to go to any racetrack whether it be a little 1/4 mile dirt track to a super speedway, if I have to sit down near the bottom I won't go. Get there early and get the upper seats.