The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, Biden is pushing for an indictment of his likely political opponent in the next election, according to sources familiar with the chaos in the WH.
Several pundits have said that this raid has sealed Trump's run for reelection in 2024, and generated a considerable amount of sympathy he wouldn't have otherwise had. This was a tremendous blunder by the Democrats and the Biden handlers. But what else should we expect from this gang that has proven repeatedly that they can't shoot straight?

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Well 3 fbi agents walked up to a us congressman and took his phone while he was on vacation....that should tell you how the Democrat run doj is going to handle things.
FBI agents report to the FBI director who was appointed by Trump. I don't know what the FBI procedure is for seizing the phone of a congressman, which is a high-profile event. And I'm not even sure what your 3:1 inference is. Rather than guess, let me ask. To you, why is it significant that 3 agents were sent, and what inferences are you drawing from that? What reasoning allows you to conclude that this single event reveals something about how the entire department is run. And why is is significant that the congressman was on vacation at the time?

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When I heard about this whole "mole" theory I remembered a news report from several years ago about a law abiding citizen in DC whose home was raided on the pretext of a "tip". The Mar a Lago raid isn't about the size of the estate, it's about the police state that can persecute anyone for any perceived reason and prosecute them for any trivial violation they might find.
The time line of events preceding the Mar-a-Lago search posted above suggests the search was trivial or done on the basis of a tip alone.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Several pundits have said that this raid has sealed Trump's run for reelection in 2024, and generated a considerable amount of sympathy he wouldn't have otherwise had. This was a tremendous blunder by the Democrats and the Biden handlers. But what else should we expect from this gang that has proven repeatedly that they can't shoot straight?
Let's not forget about the blunder (or illegal act as some characterize it) of having materials in one's home that are prohibited by law for any citizen to have.

Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Let's not forget about the blunder (or illegal act as some characterize it) of having materials in one's home that are prohibited by law for any citizen to have.
A former president is not a normal citizen. A former president has a secret service detail at all times....even former president carter has a agent.
No that's not normal at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
FBI agents report to the FBI director who was appointed by Trump. I don't know what the FBI procedure is for seizing the phone of a congressman, which is a high-profile event. And I'm not even sure what your 3:1 inference is. Rather than guess, let me ask. To you, why is it significant that 3 agents were sent, and what inferences are you drawing from that? What reasoning allows you to conclude that this single event reveals something about how the entire department is run. And why is is significant that the congressman was on vacation at the time?
3 fbi agents walk up to a Republican congressman and take his cell phone....do you take a lawyer with you on vacation? 3 agents to intimidate a sitting congressman. Or 30 it's the over handedness the Democrat run doj is doing...its going to backfire in November for the democrat leadership.
Trump is winning close to 85% of everyone he endorsed so far this is going to push that % higher now. I expect the Democrats to pull more shnagains before November and will probably burn any good will they had with the public.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A Poll RE the Mar-a-Lago Search; 49% Approve, 37% Disapprove

"Forty-nine percent of those surveyed in the POLITICO/Morning Consult poll said the search warrant on Trump’s Florida estate was primarily conducted because of evidence he committed a crime, and the same share said they approved of the search. Thirty-nine percent said the search was conducted mostly to damage Trump’s political career, and 37 percent disapproved of the FBI’s actions." (Source)

Unsurprisingly, "Results varied widely by party:"

Polls are polls and others will follow. This is the first one I've read about since the search occurred.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
"... the Search Was Conducted Mostly to Damage Trump's Political Career"

The above phrase is from this article about a recent poll. It expresses a belief held by 39% of the respondents. Variations of this belief are regularly expressed by some in this forum. I think it is fair to say the variations include things like (1) there exists a "deep state" that is against Donald Trump and people who support him. (2) the system, including elections, is rigged against me; it gives unfair advantages to others that I do not enjoy. (3) I do not have a fair chance in life because the system favors Democrats and is enforced by Democrats and I am not a Democrat.

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. My voter registration says "NPA" which means no party affiliation in my state. As a bona fide independent who sometimes votes Democrat, sometimes Republican, and sometimes independent or third-party, I do not hold such beliefs and I'll admit that it's a struggle for me to understand why anyone would.

But it is obvious that a significant percentage of the population does hold these beliefs. Since I interact with these people every day in my business, civic and personal life, it is important to get past my struggle and truly understand where these people are coming from. While I don't have to hold any belief I don't want to, it does seem wise to truly understand what others believe and why.

To that end, I think a good place to start is at the personal level. We can talk about the government at high levels, and about the generalized group "the Democrats," and about, systems, and about events in the news all day long. But what about at the personal level? At the personal level, do you see anything being done by the government or its agents that are against you personally; that is, actions that directly undermine your personal ability to operate in the world?

My answer to that question is no. But that's an easy answer for me to give since I am a white male who owns a corporation. I do not fear the police. I do not worry that they will swoop in to seize my phone or search my house. When local Republicans take over a school board and start talking about banning books, that does not interfere with my ability to live my life and prosper in my community. When local Democrats and others rise to protest the killing of George Floyd, it was just another day in business for me. If I had my choice, someone other than Ron DeSantis would be my governor, but he won the last election and I am resolved to living with that result. When I cast my primary vote by mail this week, I trust that it will be competently processed and fairly counted.

A recent adverse impact government had in my life was the Trump tariffs. Those greatly increased the cost of a commercial air conditioner component our business needed. Those tariffs increased our business expenses by thousands of dollars. That tax was money taken directly from my pocket for which no benefit was received in return. But I did not conclude from that, that the government was against me or that Trump was doing this because he wants me to fail in business. It was a development, not a personal attack. As a business person, I deal with developments every day all day. It's just part of the game, not a personal attack, and not something that means the system is rigged against me.

Another adverse impact of government on our business was the DeSantis ordered shutdown. The DeSantis shutdown was a devastating blow for some. It forced a nearby competitor of ours out of business. That business owner was regarded by many to be a fine, upstanding, Christian, family man. The shutdown literally drove him and his family to bankruptcy; and provided a nice competitive boost to our business as we picked up a number of his abandoned customers.

Did DeSantis want that man to fail and me to succeed? Is that why DeSantis shut down gyms statewide? Of course not. It was a development that came from the government, but it was not personal and it was not designed to somehow keep me from succeeding in business.

I am NOT powerless or helpless in the world and I will NOT blame outside forces for my success or failure. I literally cannot afford to fall into that mindset. If I start blaming Democrats or the government for every setback or lost opportunity I see, I'll soon see nothing else, and the truly wonderful opportunities I have as an American in today's world will go unseen by me and claimed by someone else.

To those who believe certain forces operate against you, to those who would answer yes to the above question, what exactly do you see? What is happening in your personal, civic and business life -- not in distant leaders or undefined systems, but in your personal life -- that gives you reason to believe certain forces are operating against you?

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
He’s not. Just that he had the authority to declassify the documents. This is another contrived scandal by the Left.
As I said above, the declassification is not resolved. It is an open question that will be argued in court if Trump is charged with crimes related to that. Also note that the declassification is only one of several questions that remain unanswered. If charges are filed against Trump in connection with the Mar-a-Lago warrant and search, most of them do not hinge on declassification.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Your post clearly expresses that point of view. Others, including me, have a different view. Ultimately, the question will be resolved by the courts (judges and juries) if this gets to court. Until then, there is little we can do to resolve the question beyond restating our beliefs in the marketplace of ideas. You and I have both done that. I'm not sure what purpose it serves to do it over and over and over again in the same arena (this forum) to the same audience.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A Nothingburger Hoax Scandal, AGAIN.
I think it's important to notice that the Mar-a-Lago search is NOTHING like any previous event (or nothingburger, hoax, scandal).

How do we know that? We know that because FEDERAL AGENTS SEARCHED TRUMP'S HOUSE AND OFFICES and took 20 boxes of materials to further investigate.

Nothing like this has ever happened to Trump before. Other than a search of his person, this is as personal as it gets.

This is not a lawsuit that can be settled out of court by signing a document and a check. It's not a Muller report that can be front-run and undermined by a hand-picked AG. It is not a search of a Trump operative's home. It is not the seizure of someone else's cell phone. It's not the arrest and imprisonment of a Trump operative. It is not an impeachment action that can be defeated because Trump had enough Republican votes on his side. It is not an action that can be delayed or diluted in court. It is not something that can be weakened by saying "what about this" or other distraction methods. It is not something that can be undone by bashing the government officials and agents who did it. It's not the government trying to flip someone to work their way up the chain to Trump. This is not a scandal that erupted because Trump talked about a particular body part or said something racist. This is not a subpoena handed to you that you can challenge on executive privilege or other grounds.

FEDERAL AGENTS SEARCHED TRUMP'S HOUSE and Trump was utterly powerless to stop that or undo the result.

The penalties for crimes named in the warrant are not light. This is not a civil action. Misdemeanor crimes are not on the list. These are felonies with long prison times given to those who violate the listed laws.

This is not "yet another" anything. New ground was broken on Monday, August 8. On that day, it was made clear that a former president of the United States enjoys no special protection under the law. In an unprecedented action, Trump's house was lawfully searched by federal agents. That in itself makes this more than a "nothingburger." Far more.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: muttly