The Trump Card...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
And you have suburbs that used to be reliably Republican now voting Democrat.

Also note the parties themselves change dramatically over a 100 year period. The parties we know today are nothing like those parties 100 years ago. It means NOTHING that a district has been one color or another for 100 years. The colors are shorthand ways to characterize vote by party name. People don't vote for colors. They vote for the candidates and policies of a given party at a given time.
And people are in full distaste of the Democrat leadership....and the fool king Biden.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is a photo taken of Trump at this week's golf event in New Jersey. It looks to me that he has gained 40 lbs. since leaving office. Not the picture of health. Biden is looking older and shakier than he did before. I don't think either one of these guys will have the stamina for a 2024 presidential run.

Trump.jpg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Rupert Murdoch Dumps Trump

This is big. By losing Murdoch, Trump lost Fox News, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post.
More about this:

"The former president hasn’t been interviewed on the Rupert Murdoch-owned cable network in more than 100 days, and other Republicans often get the attention he once did."

"The network is effectively displacing him from his favorite spot: the center of the news cycle."

"On July 22, as Mr. Trump was rallying supporters in Arizona and teasing the possibility of running for president in 2024, ... Fox News chose not to show the event — the same approach it has taken for nearly all of his rallies this year. Instead, the network aired Laura Ingraham’s interview with a possible rival for the 2024 Republican nomination, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida. It was the first of two prime-time interviews Fox aired with Mr. DeSantis in the span of five days; he appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show shortly after talking to Ms. Ingraham."

"When Mr. Trump spoke to a gathering of conservatives in Washington this week, Fox did not air the speech live. It instead showed a few clips after he was done speaking. That same day, it did broadcast live — for 17 minutes — a speech by former Vice President Mike Pence."

"Mr. Trump has complained recently to aides that even Sean Hannity, his friend of 20 years, doesn’t seem to be paying him much attention anymore, one person who spoke to him recalled."

"The Murdochs’ discomfort with Mr. Trump stems from his refusal to accept his election loss, according to two people familiar with those conversations, and is generally in sync with the views of Republicans, like Mr. McConnell, who mostly supported the former president but long ago said the election was settled and condemned his efforts to overturn it."

"On April 13, Mr. Trump called into Mr. Hannity’s show and ran through a list of crises he claimed would not be happening “had we won this election, which we did.”

"He hasn’t been interviewed on the network since."
On April 13, Mr. Trump called into Mr. Hannity’s show and ran through a list of crises he claimed would not be happening “had we won this election, which we did.”

He hasn’t been interviewed on the network since.
(Source)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This is a photo taken of Trump at this week's golf event in New Jersey. It looks to me that he has gained 40 lbs. since leaving office. Not the picture of health. Biden is looking older and shakier than he did before. I don't think either one of these guys will have the stamina for a 2024 presidential run.

View attachment 21727
So, he has put on 70 pounds from prior to taking office until now?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
More about this:

"The former president hasn’t been interviewed on the Rupert Murdoch-owned cable network in more than 100 days, and other Republicans often get the attention he once did."

"The network is effectively displacing him from his favorite spot: the center of the news cycle."

"On July 22, as Mr. Trump was rallying supporters in Arizona and teasing the possibility of running for president in 2024, ... Fox News chose not to show the event — the same approach it has taken for nearly all of his rallies this year. Instead, the network aired Laura Ingraham’s interview with a possible rival for the 2024 Republican nomination, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida. It was the first of two prime-time interviews Fox aired with Mr. DeSantis in the span of five days; he appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show shortly after talking to Ms. Ingraham."

"When Mr. Trump spoke to a gathering of conservatives in Washington this week, Fox did not air the speech live. It instead showed a few clips after he was done speaking. That same day, it did broadcast live — for 17 minutes — a speech by former Vice President Mike Pence."

"Mr. Trump has complained recently to aides that even Sean Hannity, his friend of 20 years, doesn’t seem to be paying him much attention anymore, one person who spoke to him recalled."

"The Murdochs’ discomfort with Mr. Trump stems from his refusal to accept his election loss, according to two people familiar with those conversations, and is generally in sync with the views of Republicans, like Mr. McConnell, who mostly supported the former president but long ago said the election was settled and condemned his efforts to overturn it."

"On April 13, Mr. Trump called into Mr. Hannity’s show and ran through a list of crises he claimed would not be happening “had we won this election, which we did.”

"He hasn’t been interviewed on the network since."
On April 13, Mr. Trump called into Mr. Hannity’s show and ran through a list of crises he claimed would not be happening “had we won this election, which we did.”

He hasn’t been interviewed on the network since. (Source)
He hasn't even announced that he is running for President yet. If he does, they will have to cover him, especially if he becomes the Republican nominee. Unless they want to be a complete clown news network.
Also, there is nothing wrong in examining if there was election fraud. He had the legal right to do that. It could also be about Leftists pressuring woke corporations to stop advertising on Fox News because The Left is only allowed to claim election fraud and to challenge the results.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
So, he has put on 70 pounds from prior to taking office until now?
I did not say that. I said it looks to me that he gained 40 lbs. since leaving office. "Looks to me" is a subjective judgement. I have no data. I do work in a gym and talk to people every day about their weight, and I regularly see it come on and off people. It looks to me he has gained 40 lbs.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
He hasn't even announced that he is running for President yet. If he does, they will have to cover him, especially if he becomes the Republican nominee. Unless they want to be a complete clown news network.
It's an uphill battle to become the Republican nominee when Fox News gives you no interviews and few mentions; especially when Fox frequently interviews and reports on rising star Ron DeSantis.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I did not say that. I said it looks to me that he gained 40 lbs. since leaving office. "Looks to me" is a subjective judgement. I have no data. I do work in a gym and talk to people every day about their weight, and I regularly see it come on and off people. It looks to me he has gained 40 lbs.
And previously was stated he put on 30 lbs. while he was President in 2017 compared to prior being in office. But there is this from his medical records reported by ABC news. From Sept 2016 to 2020 he put on 8 pounds. So the estimate appears to be way off according to the physical exams results. White House releases results of Trump's annual physical, says 'president remains healthy'
6AE153F6-2CC0-49BB-8ABC-B0719D6DAD7F.png009A35C3-1011-4DAB-87B3-9EC3B78B4E33.jpeg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It's an uphill battle to become the Republican nominee when Fox News gives you no interviews and few mentions; especially when Fox frequently interviews and reports on rising star Ron DeSantis.
Polls show he already is the likely nominee if he runs. Second place isn’t that close.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Once DeSantis throws his hat in the ring the political picture will change considerably. Republicans will start thinking in terms of who can win, and win big in 2024 without the controversy, drama and endless legal challenges. A large percentage of Americans don't know anything about DeSantis, but they will when he hits the campaign trail and starts getting his face seen and message heard. Of course he'll be trashed by the Democrats and their friends in the MSM, which he should accept as a badge of honor and more free publicity.

Another thing the Republicans should start thinking about before that is finding a replacement for Mitch McConnell when they take control of the Senate this Fall. He just got snookered by Schumer and Manchin with the CHIPS Act /Inflation Reduction Act scam and seems to have fallen into the Joe Biden category of being past his prime. He's 80 years old and has been a senator since 1985. Mike Lee or John Barrasso are only a couple of experienced senators, either of whom would be a good replacement to accept the gavel from Chuck Schumer's slimy hand. Now would be the time for DeSantis and others to start filling the void on Fox News created by Trump's absence.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Another thing the Republicans should start thinking about before that is finding a replacement for Mitch McConnell...
He's my Senator, or at least he was until January, and I've been saying for years, despite how politically savvy he is, he makes the strongest case for term limits since Ted Kennedy.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
He's my Senator, or at least he was until January, and I've been saying for years, despite how politically savvy he is, he makes the strongest case for term limits since Ted Kennedy.
No no Biden is the reason Congress should have term limits.....45+years....8 as vice president.
Now we got him as president.
Wish we had a return policy.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Insurrectionist Changes His Tune

"Reffitt was adamant in earlier hearings about being the first January 6 defendant to take his case to trial. But on Monday, in plea for leniency in advance of his sentencing, he said that he was a 'f***ing idiot' who was parroting 'founding fathers and stupid sh*t like that' around January 6, and that he doubled down on that rhetoric to 'garner money' for his family during the course of his legal battle." (Source)

Also, the judge had this to say to those who regard the Capitol rioters as patriots:

"'Mr. Reffitt's reluctance to admit early that his behavior is illegal is concerning,' District Judge Dabney Friedrich said before handing down the 87-month sentence. 'And I want to be very clear ... under no legitimate definition of the term 'patriot' (does) Mr. Reffitt's behavior on and around January 6 fit the term. It is the antithesis of the word.'

"Friedrich added: 'The officers at the Capitol are the patriots, as well as those who fought and even died to protect our democracy, our rule of law ... those in the mob are not. Not only are they not patriots, they're a direct threat to our democracy and will be punished as such.'"
(Source)

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No no Biden is the reason Congress should have term limits.....
Oh, there's a lot of them that make the case. Every Senator beyond two terms and every Representative beyond three terms makes the case, as far as I'm concerned.

The Founding Fathers designed the Senate to be turned over completely every 6 years. If a Senator has done a good job, reward them with a second term. But that's it.

The House was designed for local representatives to leave their farms and shops and whatever to come and serve for two years, then go back home having done your bit for king and country, as it were. Things (the country and the world) have changed today so that representatives need more continuity than a short 2 year stint, and pay become more effective in their second or third term. But that's it.

Neither chamber of Congress was designed to be a career.

Reactions: danthewolf00