The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Why should he? The Democrats carved out a section of the relief bill that explicitly excludes Trump businesses from receiving any funds from the bill.

And he donates his salary, lost millions( at least) in his companies since he has been President. Meanwhile Dems gave themselves a raise in the bill.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No comment on how long it took Trump to get into action, ha?
He hasn't clue ....
The only people saying that are the goobers on CNN, MSNBC, celebrities, and you.
And they're all wrong. No one ever says, specifically, what needs to be done differently. You say Trump took too long to do anything, yet he shut down air travel from China weeks before it looked like that should have been done. Then he shutdown travel from Europe, while at the same time the Democrat Mayor of NYC was telling people to go out and go about their lives
He was telling governors a month ago that they need to start procuring masks and ventilators, and none of them did.

So what, exactly, and please be pedantically specific, should Trump have done differently, and should do differently now? The financial and medical experts involved with this app say he's dying doing things right

Reactions: dalscott

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only people saying that are the goobers on CNN, MSNBC, celebrities, and you.
And they're all wrong. No one ever says, specifically, what needs to be done differently. You say Trump took too long to do anything, yet he shut down air travel from China weeks before it looked like that should have been done. Then he shutdown travel from Europe, while at the same time the Democrat Mayor of NYC was telling people to go out and go about their lives
He was telling governors a month ago that they need to start procuring masks and ventilators, and none of them did.

So what, exactly, and please be pedantically specific, should Trump have done differently, and should do differently now? The financial and medical experts involved with this app say he's dying doing things right

Trump should have ordered companies to start building needed medical supplies 8 days ago.
Is it really that difficulty to understand?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Maybe you will in week ....? Will your state have them?
Let us know how that goes.
Very possible, but in say NY, they currently have a stockpile that are kept in a warehouse delivered from the Federal Government. For potential future use. Not needed yet. Probably within a week.
But what is best right now is to churn out as fast as they can the ventilators and PPE's.
It's ok to make too many. But they go through the masks and other equipment quickly so the more the better right now. And stockpile a trillion of them if you have to for a later use.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very possible, but in say NY, they currently have a stockpile that are kept in a warehouse delivered from the Federal Government. For potential future use. Not needed yet. Probably within a week.
But what is best right now is to churn out as fast as they can the ventilators and PPE's.
It's ok to make too many. But they go through the masks and other equipment quickly so the more the better right now. And stockpile a trillion of them if you have to for a later use.

Agreed.
So then why has Trump been sitting on his hands for at least 8 days?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump should have ordered companies to start building needed medical supplies 8 days ago.
Is it really that difficulty to understand?
Yes, it is very difficult to understand. Trump calls a company that has the ability to manufacture medical equipment, asks if they can and will so it, they say yes, and you think he should go ahead and order them anyway? Do you think Trump should order, say, Briggs and Stratton, to manufacture N95 respirators despite them not having a sterile manufacturing facility, or the highly specialized equipment required to make the melt-blown polyester and spandex fabric that has fibers that are mere microns thick? Do you think he should order manufacturers to produce medical equipment faster than is physically possible?

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Agreed.
So then why has Trump been sitting on his hands for at least 8 days?
He hasn't been. He and the Task Force have been giving briefings every day on what they've been doing. You gotta pay, at the very least, as much attention to those briefings as you do the mainstream media's version of those briefings.

Reactions: muttly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, it is very difficult to understand. Trump calls a company that has the ability to manufacture medical equipment, asks if they can and will so it, they say yes, and you think he should go ahead and order them anyway? Do you think Trump should order, say, Briggs and Stratton, to manufacture N95 respirators despite them not having a sterile manufacturing facility, or the highly specialized equipment required to make the melt-blown polyester and spandex fabric that has fibers that are mere microns thick? Do you think he should order manufacturers to produce medical equipment faster than is physically possible?

Yes, I do. If China can build a hospital in 10 days why can't we get stuff done? He should have stepped in asap. He didn't.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He hasn't been. He and the Task Force have been giving briefings every day on what they've been doing. You gotta pay, at the very least, as much attention to those briefings as you do the mainstream media's version of those briefings.

I've watched every single one. Trump has done a very poor job.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, I do. If China can build a hospital in 10 days why can't we get stuff done? He should have stepped in asap. He didn't.
China didn't stop it with those hospitals. And those hospitals were used primarily for people who were forcibly quarantined, in many cases by literally dragging out of their homes, And we are getting stuff done. He did step in, way before some people think he should. He stopped air travel from China, and he warned the governors of all 50 states on the same day of what was likely to come, and told them to prepare for it.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're also parroting identical talking points and misinformation direct from the likes of CNN and MSNBC. So that's curious.

I'm currently at home and I can assure you my friend ;) I've been watching and reading FOX, CNN and anything I have time for. I've watched every single press briefing that Trump and Cuomo have done. The bullsh*t floats ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm currently at home and I can assure you my friend ;) I've been watching and reading FOX, CNN and anything I have time for. I've watched every single press briefing that Trump and Cuomo have done. The bullsh*t floats ...
That doesn't mean you aren't parroting the same talking points and misinformation from the liberal media. Because you are.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: blackpup and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
UF Health anesthesiology team devises respirator mask made from existing hospital materials | UF Health, University of Florida Health
Good deal.
Now they can work on making special goggles that people can wear to see the virus.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's called a pandemic because it's caused by Pandas. And where do Pandas come from again? Yes, yes that's correct.

• Haha
Reactions: Grizzly