The Trump Card...

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Don't think immigration can be stopped, probably better for this country anyway.

jimmy

The U.S has gained more benefit from imigration, than lost. That said I would still like have some notion of who is entering the U.S. and what their purpose is .

jimmy

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now did Trump say a physical wall?
greatwalloftrump.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
..... some notion of who is entering the U.S. and what their purpose is .

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Emma Lazarus

Does this help?

Reactions: Windsor

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Emma Lazarus

Does this help?
Yes when they apply to enter...not sneak thru the Back door...:)

Reactions: xiggi

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just go by what you post. Whenever someone posts something negative about Fox News you rush to defend them, usually saying somewhere in there how they really and truly are fair and balanced and how they always present the other side. You also invariably note CNN does this or that which makes them as bad or worse than Fox News (blatant deflection). Then you feverishly Google confirmational bias that you think somehow proves your point. The Chris Wallace question is a prime example of that, where that question doesn't disprove or even cast the slightest doubt on Fox News being a propaganda machine. The question was insulting and racist, which is what Fox News is famous for.
I suppose it is. Be that as it may, I took a lot of journalism courses in college and I know what I'm looking at. I can see the difference between a bias, even a strong one, and propaganda. Clearly those who think Fox News is fair and balanced and are to be trusted cannot.
I've watched them (and listened on SiriusXM) quite a bit lately. They are definitely more biased during this election cycle, as are nearly every other MSM news outlet, but they haven't gone beyond a strong bias to being agendized. I watch them specifically to look for bias and bad reporting, and frankly it's easier to sit there and note the non-biased reporting.

A glaring example of that, and one that comes perilously close to propaganda, is this morning's lead story about how Trump has given us "yet again another major shift in his immigration policy, completely different from what he said just last week!" Last week Trump said illegals would need to go back to their home country and apply like everybody else. Last night on the plane someone asked him if he would rule out the requirement that they go back home first and Trump responded that he wouldn't rule anything out, but went on to say that they'd still have to exit and apply. Which really isn't much of a shift at all. But CNN presented it as a major shift, playing the sound bite where he said he wouldn't rule it out, but conspicuously not playing the sound bite where he went on to say they'd still have to exit and apply for entry. But as close as that comes to propaganda, it's still just a strong bias.

Unfortunately for me, or maybe it's my own perception, but I seem to be catching an inordinate about of Don Lemon (who is "neither left or right, I'm just a journalist." No, seriously, he said that). I've watched him berate guests over them not agreeing with him, and not using the words he wants them to. He's one who needs his nose rubbed in his own poop.
Actually what I said was that Fox News has a bias, they have an agenda, and that they are more fair than balanced. Again, CNN was brought up by others in this thread (about their bias)first so I'm hardly using them a a deflection, just as part of the conversation. The Chris Wallace video is an example of how they are not propagandists. If they were, they wouldn't allow Wallace to ask such a loaded question like that. Because that viewpoint (Carson being a prop for Trump) is exactly the left/liberal's view Carson going with Trump to a black church. That is their view. Because I see that view in liberal websites and in liberal journalist's Twitter feeds.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
He just wanted to know who they were.
The quote says who they are.
I understand that the majority of immigrants are seeking a better life, I am all for that. The U.S. has benefitted from that attitude . Still believe that any country that accepts immigrants has a need to know who is entering their country .

jimmy

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I understand that the majority of immigrants are seeking a better life, I am all for that. The U.S. has benefitted from that attitude . Still believe that any country that accepts immigrants has a need to know who is entering their country .

jimmy

Exactly, there are plenty of legal ways to enter this country, it's the ones that sneak in that need to be sent packing, especially if they get into trouble here.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Chris Wallace video is an example of how they are not propagandists.
So if I point out one example where one CNN host criticized Hillary then you would have to admit CNN doesn't have an agenda? Seriously?

Reactions: TDave