The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In her first act regarding this trial, Judge Cannon moved to speed things along. She did not have to do that. She could have helped Trump delay things by letting time pass before she issued this order. But she did not do nothing. Without prompting from either side, she acted to speed things along.

That's encouraging.

CNN: Judge Cannon Jumpstarts oversight ...
Not surprising. It's a logical and correct course of action. A good first step.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Not surprising. It's a logical and correct course of action. A good first step.
It's surprising to me; a pleasant surprise.

When Trump came to her to make his Special Master case, Cannon went out of her way, and outside the law, to accept the case and make utterly inane rulings in Trump's favor. Those actions and rulings were reversed by the appeals court. They excoriated her rulings and gave her scathing rebukes. In those actions and rulings, Cannon demonstrated a profound pro-Trump bias that leaves many concerned today.

One pleasant surprise does not a trend make. Time will tell if she has learned her lesson or if her pro-Trump bias remains in play. DOJ may move for her recusal and I hope they do. While I trust most judges, I do not trust this one.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
It's surprising to me; a pleasant surprise.

When Trump came to her to make his Special Master case, Cannon went out of her way, and outside the law, to accept the case and make utterly inane rulings in Trump's favor. Those actions and rulings were reversed by the appeals court. They excoriated her rulings and gave her scathing rebukes. In those actions and rulings, Cannon demonstrated a profound pro-Trump bias that leaves many concerned today.

One pleasant surprise does not a trend make. Time will tell if she has learned her lesson or if her pro-Trump bias remains in play. DOJ may move for her recusal and I hope they do. While I trust most judges, I do not trust this one.
You don't trust this judge like how we don't trust a liberal Democrat judge.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You don't trust this judge like how we don't trust a liberal Democrat judge.
Not even close. You dismiss all judges as bad if they are appointed by Democrats or if they meet your definition of "liberal." I have often praised Trump-appointed judges in this forum. I do not trust Judge Cannon because her previous rulings have been so far afar from the law that she was overturned and rebuked when her rulings were appealed.

• Haha

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Arguments for Trump's defense are beginning to surface, and cracks in the prosecution's case are emerging. A very good article has appeared in the Federalist about the flaws of Smith's case and his history of jumping the shark in past political prosecutions, specifically his smackdown by SCOTUS in the O'Donnell case in VA. This article by a knowledgeable legal expert is well worth the read time to uncover points not seen in the mainstream media.

"In that case, using a very aggressive interpretation of the scope of federal bribery and honest services fraud statutes, Smith nuked the career and life of a popular Republican politician, before having all his convictions overturned by the Supreme Court in a unanimous opinion.

A unanimous Supreme Court smacked Smith down for an overzealous, legally defective prosecution of a Republican politician, and the opinion was so devastating that DOJ did not even attempt to retry the case. It was just dropped."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Arguments for Trump's defense are beginning to surface, and cracks in the prosecution's case are emerging. A very good article has appeared in the Federalist about the flaws of Smith's case and his history of jumping the shark in past political prosecutions, specifically his smackdown by SCOTUS in the O'Donnell case in VA. This article by a knowledgeable legal expert is well worth the read time to uncover points not seen in the mainstream media.

"In that case, using a very aggressive interpretation of the scope of federal bribery and honest services fraud statutes, Smith nuked the career and life of a popular Republican politician, before having all his convictions overturned by the Supreme Court in a unanimous opinion.

A unanimous Supreme Court smacked Smith down for an overzealous, legally defective prosecution of a Republican politician, and the opinion was so devastating that DOJ did not even attempt to retry the case. It was just dropped."

Excellent article. All the signs of a political prosecution, prosecutorial and judicial abuse, and trampling the rights of a private citizen.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The indictment backfiring bigly:
View attachment 22538
This is because the case for Trump's defense is starting to be presented in a few media outlets and on social media, so people are getting the other side of the story. The Biden DOJ and their lackey prosecutor are trying this case in the media, and mainstream networks are gleefully obliging. On cable, MSNBC and CNN are all Trump, all day, every day. This is intended to brainwash the jury pool before the trial ever starts. However, when people start hearing the opposing view they start to have doubts.

What really counts is Trump's chances of finding an impartial jury, and the likelihood of that is a lot better in South Florida than it would be in NY or DC. This is already concerning some Democrats who are making noise about changing the venue.

All this being said, it will be hard for Trump to run the table on beating all 37 counts of the indictment. On the other hand, it only takes one juror to hang the jury and avoid conviction. This case could drag on for years unless it gets thrown out in its entirety. Either way, it will poison the presidential election process, which is the goal of the Democrat party.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's a good article about the attitude of Democrats in general and liberals in particular who label Trump supporters as "deplorables" and more recently "fascists" and "MAGA right-wing extremists". This notion is promoted enthusiastically by all but a few of the media which are conservative leaning. I'd go so far to say the liberals apply this ill-conceived contempt to anyone who isn't a Trump hater and may just be genuinely neutral. Is it any wonder that our country is so divided at this point in time?

"In a nutshell, they perceive Trump voters as stupid, poorly educated Bible literalists, which they claim are vital elements needed to create a fascist. And Trump supporters, they conclude, are fascists. Such marginalization of a wide swath of the electorate has led them to believe in their derogatory suppositions rather than trying to truly comprehend the mind of a Trump voter."

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here's a good article about the attitude of Democrats in general and liberals in particular who label Trump supporters as "deplorables" and more recently "fascists" and "MAGA right-wing extremists". This notion is promoted enthusiastically by all but a few of the media which are conservative leaning. I'd go so far to say the liberals apply this ill-conceived contempt to anyone who isn't a Trump hater and may just be genuinely neutral. Is it any wonder that our country is so divided at this point in time?

"In a nutshell, they perceive Trump voters as stupid, poorly educated Bible literalists, which they claim are vital elements needed to create a fascist. And Trump supporters, they conclude, are fascists. Such marginalization of a wide swath of the electorate has led them to believe in their derogatory suppositions rather than trying to truly comprehend the mind of a Trump voter."

Be careful about painting non-Trump supporters with too broad a brush, which the author of the article you cite does. You'll get it wrong about millions of people if you do. There no unified right or unified left. On both ends of the political spectrum and in the middle you will find all sorts of dissimilar beliefs. Those who speak of the left or right as if it was a unified entity will make costly mistakes in many domains because their judgement errors do not conform to reality.

I do not perceive Trump voters as stupid. I operate a gym that is filled with Trump voters in a very red county. I know many of them well and they are not stupid. Nor are they poorly educated. A good number of the Trump voters I know are highly educated. And they are not fascists. While they oppose things like affirmative action and some programs that aid the poor, they would be deeply troubled if they saw their constitutional rights and right to vote taken away.

Regarding "comprehending the mind of the Trump voter," I'm all ears. In this forum and in our gym, I hear Trump voters talk often about what's wrong with what other people (Democrats, gays, blacks, immigrants, etc.) are doing, and seldom about specific policies or laws that will help form a more perfect union. They might have something positive to contribute to actually running the country, but you don't hear it because they drown it out with culture-war noise and condemnations.

Now, let me respond to specific points the author, Leesa K. Donner, made.

"What those on the left read and write about the average Trump voter is worth a brief examination because it informs their views."

She cites ONE article from a left-leaning publication. It is STUPID to conclude that the quotes she cited are what everyone on the left believe. It's STUPID to assume that everyone on the left has even seen that article or others like it. Stupid people find it very easy to believe others are stupid. Intelligent people know full well that cognition and intelligence exists at all levels across the entire political spectrum.

"First, it should be noted a sense of equality and fairness animates those who back the former president. The charges of illegally holding classified documents are a case in point. Trump supporters are willing to consider obvious questions like why one president is indicted for doing what many presidents, vice presidents, and high-ranking public officials have done. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago boxes bad, Joe Biden’s boxes good somehow doesn’t seem fair to them."

Intelligent Trump supporters are willing to examine each case on its merits and make careful note of the differences. Of course it's true that if different things happened to two different people in the identical circumstances, something is amiss. And it is equally true that if the circumstances are different, things may not be amiss. Stupid Trump supporters will not pause to consider the differences. They will give in to partisan biases and condemn the other side.

"Second, Trump voters are animated by facts and an objective standard of truth. In some cases, this objective truth criteria may even emanate from their faith."

If a truth is an article of faith, it is, by definition, NOT an objective truth, it is a faith-based assertion.

"The point is that the Trump voter uses logic and reason to rightly question an unequal application of the law."

All Americans would do well to do this. The law is all we have that keeps our country together. There is only one law in America and it should be equally applied to all.

"Third, Trump voters see the past as prologue and are willing to learn from it."

That's risky. What version of the past do you choose to see? If you get your version wrong, the lessons learned will be wrong too.

"An unctuous, imperious attitude toward Trump supporters only broadens the national divide and ultimately reveals the left’s ignorance about millions of Americans they simply can’t – or won’t – understand."

I agree. Just as I agree that those on the right who do the same also broadens the national divide. We don't need more division. We need to look for ways to together move our nation forward.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
At this point in time we need Biden and his administration gone....I don't care who replaces him anymore as long as the person cares about us the American people.
Millions of Americans believe Biden cares about them. In fact, more people voted for Biden than voted for Trump. When you say "us the American people," who do you mean exactly?

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Mark Levin said on his show that he will try to get the fellow who wrote the article on his show Monday. He’s running for AG of Missouri.
Levin talked about the article on his show in the first hour and a bit of the second.
He went over the 6 points. Very insightful. Sometimes I speed up the listening speed to 2 if I don’t have a lot of time to listen. (6-16-23 show)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is because the case for Trump's defense is starting to be presented in a few media outlets and on social media, so people are getting the other side of the story. The Biden DOJ and their lackey prosecutor are trying this case in the media, and mainstream networks are gleefully obliging. On cable, MSNBC and CNN are all Trump, all day, every day. This is intended to brainwash the jury pool before the trial ever starts. However, when people start hearing the opposing view they start to have doubts.

What really counts is Trump's chances of finding an impartial jury, and the likelihood of that is a lot better in South Florida than it would be in NY or DC. This is already concerning some Democrats who are making noise about changing the venue.

All this being said, it will be hard for Trump to run the table on beating all 37 counts of the indictment. On the other hand, it only takes one juror to hang the jury and avoid conviction. This case could drag on for years unless it gets thrown out in its entirety. Either way, it will poison the presidential election process, which is the goal of the Democrat party.
There are numerous reasons why there shouldn’t even be charges, but if there is going to be a trial it should be scheduled after the election. There is no imminent reason to have the trial before the election. This was talked about in the article you posted.
Excellent points below:
IMG_3358.jpegIMG_3360.jpegIMG_3361.jpeg

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Millions of Americans believe Biden cares about them. In fact, more people voted for Biden than voted for Trump. When you say "us the American people," who do you mean exactly?
Yea but that was before biden took office now I bet a dog could win against biden.
Our economy is in a recession even if they will call it something else. It is worse than the one Obama created.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In the GOP Primary It's the Trump Show. Everyone Else is a Side Act

Years from now, this will astound historians. The Republican Party will have rejected all others to field a candidate who is twice impeached, criminally indicted four times, and wants to suspend the Constitution. This is a moment in history when millions are rallying behind Trump to replace constitutional democracy with an authoritarian strong man.

This would not be happening if millions have not lost hope in the American Dream. This is less about Trump and more about the economic divide and the loss of the belief that people can prosper by merit and hard work. Ironically, they see people like Trump change the tax laws to benefit the rich, and they seek out a strong man to right this perceived wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha