The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
  • Facebook and Twitter had technical geniuses leading those companies. Truth Social is led by a political hack who cannot attract or retain technical talent.
  • Facebook and Twitter never had a 93% collapse in user traffic like Truth Social did.
  • I don't know the two company's exact stock history but I think it's safe to say Facebook and Twitter never had a stock price drop like the underlying financial entity of Truth Social is having now.
As I said, Truth Social is a corpse in need of a decent burial.

Twitter and Facebook didn’t have to deal with big tech oligarchs having a leftist hissy fit and canceling their app. when they were starting up either. A huge issue to deal with since most phones rely on two app stores to download from.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My guess is that they were all working on changing cloud providers instead of new user accounts. And the 2 that quit may have not been ok with the move, which is why they quit.

After the move, they were able to knock out the new user waitlist pretty quickly.

And let me say there are some pretty screwed people there.....

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My account was activated two days ago and works fine. I get the impression they're trying to control the trolls and bots. Still haven't activated the android app.
Yes, I watched an interview yesterday with Nunes. He said exactly that. There are those that want to sabotage what they are doing. Being extra cautious and methodical.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With Musk buying twitter, Truth Social now exploding in growth, along with Gettr. The Left are going to be in a tizzy

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
With Musk buying twitter, Truth Social now exploding in growth, along with Gettr. The Left are going to be in a tizzy
How do you know Truth Social is now "exploding in growth?" What are the indicators?

There have been reliably reported developments that relate to Truth Social. Elon Musk is buying Twitter and has plans to take it private. Donald Trump said he will not return to Twitter even if allowed, and "... he planned to begin posting regularly on Truth Social within a week." (Source)

Trump says lots of things, many of which are lies. He said this on Monday, April 25, 2022. Let's see what actually happens within a week.

The markets were not particularly impressed by this news. On Monday, Truth Social's underlying financial entity, DWAC, closed at $42.81, down 8.9% from Friday's close. When DWAC went public last October, it's stock price rapidly soared to $108.84. Monday's $42.81 is its lowest price since the October opening spike.

View the stock price history here.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How do you know Truth Social is now "exploding in growth?" What are the indicators?

There have been reliably reported developments that relate to Truth Social. Elon Musk is buying Twitter and has plans to take it private. Donald Trump said he will not return to Twitter even if allowed, and "... he planned to begin posting regularly on Truth Social within a week." (Source)

Trump says lots of things, many of which are lies. He said this on Monday, April 25, 2022. Let's see what actually happens within a week.

The markets were not particularly impressed by this news. On Monday, Truth Social's underlying financial entity, DWAC, closed at $42.81, down 8.9% from Friday's close. When DWAC went public last October, it's stock price rapidly soared to $108.84. Monday's $42.81 is its lowest price since the October opening spike.

View the stock price history here.
Millions of people who have signed up can now use the site. That is just iPhone users so far. Expect Android users within the next month to be able to use the site.

33F5B217-1B43-43D5-AA65-C648445FB33B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Truth Social's move to the Rumble platform is a noteworthy development. Whether that will result in real growth for Truth Social remains to be seen.
Also worth noting is Truth Social's move to the Rumble cloud makes TS Rumble's customer; totally dependent on Rumble for Truth Social to run. Rumble has the power to cancel or limit Truth Social at will.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Also worth noting is Truth Social's move to the Rumble cloud makes TS Rumble's customer; totally dependent on Rumble for Truth Social to run. Rumble has the power to cancel or limit Truth Social at will.
It’s important to partner with the right people. Rumble appears to be ideologically similar to Truth Social, (against cancel culture) so it is highly unlikely.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What are they doing on the site? What is the social significance, if any? What are the market impacts?
I have no idea the social significance or market impacts. Just people sharing comments, articles, memes, pictures, etc. Just not being cancelled for having a particular viewpoint.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It’s important to partner with the right people. Rumble appears to be ideologically similar to Truth Social, (against cancel culture) so it is highly unlikely.
Ideologically similar and all about power and influence. When DeSantis makes his move, look to Rumble to align with him.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is significant and, to me, a surprise. Not long ago, I declared Truth Social to be a corpse in need of a decent burial. Clearly, it's not dead yet.

"Donald Trump's social media app, Truth Social, has spiked in popularity and beaten Twitter to reach the top spot on Apple's app chart this week."

For Reference: "Downloads leaped to more than 55,000 on Tuesday from less than 6,000 the week before, according to Apptopia estimates shared with Bloomberg News. Truth Social’s daily active users also jumped to 365,000 on Tuesday, a 20% increase from the week prior." (Source)

For Reference: DWAC is the financial entity behind Truth Social. "Shares of Digital World Acquisition Corp. leaped 24% Wednesday as thousands more users gained access to Truth Social’s full functionality and downloads jumped almost tenfold. The special-purpose acquisition company, which is merging with Trump Media & Technology Group, had slumped 60% in the previous two months or so." (Same Source)

I'm including the reference numbers above because one week does not a trend make. We'll see a few weeks down the line how much of this spike holds.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Well 2 guys gone and they move to a different service and a lot of problems go poof.
They were not fired. They resigned. Trump loves to fire people and make a big show of it. If they were actually fired, we would have heard all about it. Reports came out that they resigned and no one from Trump world said otherwise. So it is not true that they were fired as you first suggested.

And yes, they moved to a different service, from a service they tried and failed to do themselves. So, yes, a lot of tech problems were quickly resolved. The thing about that move is that Truth Social is now a customer of Rumble. Thus, they exist and can only function in the ways Rumble allows. Not a big deal now, but it may prove to be hugely significant later.

Related: Something curious is going on with the financial entity behind Truth Social (TMTG) and Rumble. Rumble is a Canadian company but recently established a business address in. Sarasota Florida. TMTG recently changed its address to the same city. Different locations but they now addresses in the same small Florida city. I have no idea what this means, if anything, but it's a curious development.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
danthewolf00 said:
Well 2 guys gone and they move to a different service and a lot of problems go poof.
They were not fired. They resigned. Trump loves to fire people and make a big show of it. If they were actually fired, we would have heard all about it. Reports came out that they resigned and no one from Trump world said otherwise. So it is not true that they were fired as you first suggested.
Just another lie, Phil, just another lie.

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam