The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
6a00d8341bf7d953ef014e862a7f19970d-320wi.jpg

Reportedly there are more leakers, er whistleblowers ready to come forward about knowledge about the phone call that again, the President released the transcript of the actual call.

Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
View attachment 19429

Reportedly there are more leakers, er whistleblowers ready to come forward about knowledge about the phone call that again, the President released the transcript of the actual call.
Yes, the president released the transcript (actually a summary, not the transcript itself). But that's only part of the story. The rest of the story is in the whistleblower's complaint, evidence being developed by House investigations, criminal referrals made to the Justice Department by at least two agencies, and the additional information/confirmation/witnesses relating to the phone call AND the president's actions regarding military aid to Ukraine and his reason for withholding it.

Reactions: Grizzly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Judge dismisses Trump request to keep taxes secret in New York

Trump is using every resource available to him to delay and obstruct every investigation he can. But time and the law is not on his side. Eventually it will all come out and justice will be served. In this New York case, he makes an extreme and ridiculous legal argument that the court rejected. While the Republicans are doing everything in their power to pack the courts with their conservative judicial nominees, I want to believe that most of those judges still respect the constitution and the judicial branch of government. I want to believe that they will rise to defend not the president but the checks and balances system our nation's founders provided. This New York judge seems to have done that. I hope the higher-court judges do the same.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the president released the transcript (actually a summary, not the transcript itself). But that's only part of the story. The rest of the story is in the whistleblower's complaint, evidence being developed by House investigations, criminal referrals made to the Justice Department by at least two agencies, and the additional information/confirmation/witnesses relating to the phone call AND the president's actions regarding military aid to Ukraine and his reason for withholding it.
Yes, yes, not a 100 verbatim transcript. Just a transcript summary put together by professionals that do this all the time. But nevermind that, Trump left some wiggle room there for some to see nefarious activity because it was just a transcript summary and NOT a 100 percent verbatim transcript. This discrepancy needs to to get to the bottom of. If there is a bottom. It may be that there isn't an actual bottom. It's entirely possible that this phone call transcript that really isn't ,is just the tip of the iceberg of or a bottomless pit of Trump's master plan to influence the next election. More pseudo events by the Dems and the corrupt media to surely follow.
See Muleller witchunt. See Kavanaugh withchunt for gameplan.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Judge dismisses Trump request to keep taxes secret in New York

Trump is using every resource available to him to delay and obstruct every investigation he can. But time and the law is not on his side. Eventually it will all come out and justice will be served. In this New York case, he makes an extreme and ridiculous legal argument that the court rejected. While the Republicans are doing everything in their power to pack the courts with their conservative judicial nominees, I want to believe that most of those judges still respect the constitution and the judicial branch of government. I want to believe that they will rise to defend not the president but the checks and balances system our nation's founders provided. This New York judge seems to have done that. I hope the higher-court judges do the same.
Old enough to remember when Dems use to say this type of investigation was meddling in an upcoming election.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know, if he was that worried about Bidens son being corrupt, I get it, but that request should have gone through the proper channels, not on a phone call between 2 leaders, they should have way more important things to discuss.

As for his taxes, let me save you the trouble, he made a lot of money, but he carried over losses from previous years so that he pays very little income tax. All perfectly legal as long as the losses were legit, and there is a snowballs chance in you know where that they could actually prove they are fake.

As for the economy, his comments on the feds move just proves he is in full blown CEO mode now, do anything he has to do to get his bonus, in this case his bonus is 4 more years. He could care less how bad of a recession we fall into, as long as it happens after November of 2020.

Reactions: Grizzly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While some were predicting that Trump may start a war or something to divert attention away from impeachment, he declares to move troops OUT of Syria.
Oof.

• Haha

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know, if he was that worried about Bidens son being corrupt, I get it, but that request should have gone through the proper channels, not on a phone call between 2 leaders, they should have way more important things to discuss.
Well, according to the treaty between US and Ukraine, on the phone between the two leaders is exactly the proper channels. So I dunno.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CNN is calling out Fox News for having hosts with diverse opinions. As if there's something wrong with that. I guess.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Mar. 25, 2017:
--------------------------------------------
Recent Trump Quotes:
Aug. 21, 2019: "I am the chosen one."
Aug 23, 2019: "Our great American companies are hereby ordered to ...." and "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)"

As Trump's condition continues to worsen I continue to believe his narcissism will be his undoing. We will reach the point where even the Republicans can't take it any more and those who have the power to do so will vote to impeach.

The self-proclaimed "stable genius" speaks again:

",,, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!)."

Trump has not totally destroyed and obliterated the economy of Turkey before. He does not have great and unmatched wisdom. This is the tweet of a delusional man.

As pressure builds and Trump finds himself unable to tweet his way out, Trump continues to decompensate. His mental condition is deteriorating exactly as the outspoken psychologists who diagonsed him predicted.

9/27/19
--------------------------------------------
The Dems know they can shift public opinion with a coordinated effort if Trump serves up the material, which he has with the Ukraine affair. His narcissistic self is likely to serve up even more material as he makes poor choices under increasing pressure. I believe he'll either try to start a war or other major crisis to change the subject, or tweet himself into his political grave. As pressure increases, he will decompensate and make it that much easier for the Dems to make the impeachment case and for the Republicans to agree.

Trump's announcement that the he is abandoning the Kurds (American allies) to die in the expected Turkish attacks caught congress, the Department of Defense, the Department of State and others by surprise. He did not consult with the people who are typically consulted before such a move is made. He did not even advise them ahead of time he was doing this.

While I did not know what the event would be, this is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind when I posted the above post. This won't be the last. More crazed actions will follow as Trump continues to decompensate.

Regarding the Republicans reaching the point where they can't take it any more, long-time Trump defender and evengelical thought leader Pat Robertson provides a case in point:

Pat Robertson: Trump could risk losing 'the mandate of heaven' with Syria decision

Excerpt quoting Robertson:

... “the president, who allowed (Washington Post journalist Jamal) Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”

“And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the President of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen,”

When an evangelical thought leader of Robertson's stature starts talking about Trump as a betrayer of Christians, will Trump go after Roberston like he goes after his other critics? Will the evengelicals in his base begin to question their support for Trump? If Robertson declares that Trump's mandate of heaven has been revoked, will that provide the Republicans the political cover they need to impeach and convict?

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know when someone says? - "nobody else will do it, so I have to do it". Hence the "chosen one" comment.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump has not totally destroyed and obliterated the economy of Turkey before.
Well, no, not Turkey. But he has obliterated other economies before. You think he couldn't do the same to Turkey?

EDIT: I forgot about the time that Trump wanted Turkey to release that pastor they were holding prisoner, Turkey said no, Trump crashed their economy, Turkey released the prisoner.

He does not have great and unmatched wisdom.
The facts of what he has been able to accomplish in less than 3 years, with both the Left and The Press fighting him every step of the way, suggests otherwise.

This is the tweet of a delusional man.
All great minds have been labeled as delusional. Copernicus, Galileo, Einstein, Tesla, Doc Brown.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any pastors, church leaders, etc .. that preach politics are dirty. Period.
They should be ignored.