THE truck For ME

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Okay now for my idea of MY dream truck. First we must start with a Volvo 780. It would come from the factory with a stretched frame and a wheel base that allowed for perfect balance , if I decided to put say, two skids of 3000 lbs. In the nose.

For the drive train I would have a Cat or Cummins in the 500 hp range, but would have it turned down to about 375 to 400. I would have the twin screw set up. With the air ride everything,. Front axle, rear axle, cab, seats, even an air ride cup holder if they have it.( I hate spilled coffee ) 13 speed auto.

I would have a 24 inch “ dog house “ installed just behind the factory sleeper integrated so that I could install large refrigerator and sink. This would also have outside door access so that I could have clothes closet for coats and golf clubs. Atop the doghouse would be RV type air and heat run off my rather large gen set. But it would have to be positioned carefully as to not be in the way of my in motion sat dish.

The truck would come with the six cd stereo MP3 ready, XM ready. (Would have the other service also except Stern would get credit for bringing on another person)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Did you use a team of "high level engineers" to come up with your setup?:7

Sounds like you have got your truck speced.

Davekc

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Do you want to make $ or just play? I love TONKA Trucks there thats my dream truck, low on repairs, and even lower on the fuel bill. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A KID.. No income, no taxes, no stress on what was going on in the world just give me a sand box and a Tonka Truck that was my livelyhood.