The state of things in Mexico

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I was watching Fox News today and they were speaking of how things have gotten even worse in Mexico recently along the lines of the Drug War. What troubles me about this is the fact that most of this activity occurs on the border, near the border, or it is cross border activity. My one question is why aren't we deploying our military along the border to this from spilling into the southwest even more than it already has? I understand we have the Border Patrol but thry don't seem to be able to do it alone. Maybe someone can explain to me why there shouldn't be an armed military presence along the border. Other countries do it. Why shouldn't we?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our government wants a non-guarded border. They are more interested in getting the Hispanic (what ever that is) vote. Our government is NOT interested in what is right or good for the country, only pandering for votes. That is how they hold thier power. Thier only interest is power.

Layoutshooter

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
What you say makes total sense and I have never thought of it that way. Things have gotten crazy in this country. I only wonder what things will be like when Mexico's economy completely falls through? It is getting close. They are in much worse shape than what we are.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are in this mess for many reasons, one of those is we have been sending billions to every place but home. We have been re-distributing our wealth for years. It is coming home to roost. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Joe and Ark...the "outside" view has been you Americans have tried to buy your allies and friends to the tune of how many TRILLION$$$ in F/A? For so long no one can remember...And many of these reciepents couldn't care less...they take it and the spit on this country in return....:(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if we are trying to "buy" an allie, maybe in some cases, as much as we think we can help "fix" what we see as a problem. I say the "Heck" with the rest of the world. We have to "fix" our own roof first. I am tired of paying for other countries problems, other people's problems etc. We need to close the borders. We have to increase the size of our active duty military. Use the National Guard to seal our borders, both of them. It will never happen. The Dumbecrats and Rebumlicans don't care about doing what really needs done. They want votes and power, nothing else. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't mean it it in a bad way....about you guys giving money away....I , like you just figure the old saying charity begins at home.....

Man I sure agree with tightening up the border even with Canada....those hispanics (whatever they are) are starting to find ways into Canada!!;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is also a very big problem with illegals from all over the world being smuggled into the U.S. by Canadian and home grown smugglers. They bring them across the Straights of Detroit ( Detroit River). They drop them in the marsh areas between Toledo and Detroit. It is not a small problem. I don't know how bad it is further north because I don't live there. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Illegals are not entitled to anything in Canada except a ticket home.....
Canada checks most everything and everything is connected to a database....almost and I say almost impossible to get by the checks and balances...heck my healthcare was cut-off the moment I left,,,cause I tried...How did they know? but they did....

As you already know illegals add almost nothing to a country and take away more then they are worth...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where are they all coming from then? We are talking about thousands a year coming in from Canada. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where are they all coming from then? We are talking about thousands a year coming in from Canada. Layoutshooter

Like I said Joe...almost....they come to Canada illegal but have to get out thier intended destination is the U.S. They don't get the free healthcare in Canada are not entitled to it...not like down here....
Things are a little tighter up there then you are led to believe...
Some Canadians don't realize how tight it is even if you ask friend ya know from there..unless they have had real contact with immigration they wouldn't know the whole story....we learned alot when JuJu came up....heck she almost did not qualify!!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was just asking. I don't think I have ever heard anything about Canada being tight or loose on this problem. It is a growing problem. We do have to tighten up down here. NO FREE ANYTHING for illegal aliens. Send 'em home. I am tired of hearing how bad it is where they came from. Not my problem, it is thier problem. They should stay home and fix it. The minute you cross our border illegally you are a criminal. Just a fact. I frankly don't want someone in my country that has that little respect for the laws of a Nation that they want to make a home in. If they dis-respect one law they will dis-respect everything else. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just asking. I don't think I have ever heard anything about Canada being tight or loose on this problem. It is a growing problem. We do have to tighten up down here. NO FREE ANYTHING for illegal aliens. Send 'em home. I am tired of hearing how bad it is where they came from. Not my problem, it is thier problem. They should stay home and fix it. The minute you cross our border illegally you are a criminal. Just a fact. I frankly don't want someone in my country that has that little respect for the laws of a Nation that they want to make a home in. If they dis-respect one law they will dis-respect everything else. Layoutshooter

Cut-off the health care and watch them slowdown....
enforce the hiring laws.....

JuJu had the sniffles the day of her physical...the doctor almost tossed her application...they don't want people who drain the system....

they even deported a 72 year old grandmother!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why should anyone in this country worry about following laws. We have tax evaders in high government offices. We have congressmen and senators with criminal records. We have a Sec of State who admitted to comitting multiple felonies while her husband was President. Bounce or catch a ball good? We excuse your drug use and thuggery. Wonder why we have the problems we do here? I don't. The sickness starts at the top. All "Stuff" flows down hill. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why should anyone in this country worry about following laws. We have tax evaders in high government offices. We have congressmen and senators with criminal records. We have a Sec of State who admitted to comitting multiple felonies while her husband was President. Bounce or catch a ball good? We excuse your drug use and thuggery. Wonder why we have the problems we do here? I don't. The sickness starts at the top. All "Stuff" flows down hill. Layoutshooter

Almost time for spring cleaning?? ;)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Last semester in my public speaking class the professer said he thought the students would see a constitutional congress in our life time. He said he didn't know if it would happen in his, but definatly in the younger generations. I told him I was afraid it wouldn't be a bloodless ordeal and he agreed. Another thing we agreed on was that the fight will not be against people from different regions of the country like it has been a few times in the past, but people with conflicting ideas. It's something to think about.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The "fights" have always been about conflicting ideas. Not a new idea. I don't think there will be another Constitutional Congress unless it is a sham to cover up the desloving of our Constitution. No real need for that, we seem to be willing to just let them do away with it. I am just awed by the stupidity of it all. Layoutshooter