The Shipping Office/Loading Dock

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Do you find shippers to be intimidating? OR Do you take advantage of the fact that you're female?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have found it depends on the business if I go in or Bob goes in. If we think there could be a problem I will go in and talk to the customer it usually helps. We have also found that since we wear our FedEx uniform we are immediately recognized and they know exactly why we are there. I have had a couple of instances where I had a hard time convincing them I was not in a van and not bringing them a little package and that we where dock high! We have also found crossing into Canada and out of Canada we seem to get across the border quicker if I am driving.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I have had a couple of instances where I had a hard
>time convincing them I was not in a van and not bringing
>them a little package and that we where dock high!

That used to drive me nuts. I used to have people come up to me and think I was there for packages, or drivers come up and ask about the pick up schedule at this truck stop, etc...

WRONG FED-EX! LOL

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We still have not figured out a good answer for when people ask us local directions. They just cant figure out why we give then a blank look and say we are not from the area.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
I have had no problems with any of the shipper's beause I'm female. As a matter of fact, I've actually thought we were spoke to alittle friendlier. I've had to be stern to get all the information I wanted before. Evenutally, they give up telling me I don't really need it. LOL. Hope I didn't just jinx us.

Cindy and Brian

D6084