The real reason for the 30 minute rest break

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
It's so we'll be a little less aromatic.

Have you noticed the lack of available showers in the middle of the day? It's about to get worse as temps rise into June and July.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't believe it. More like 30 minutes extra time to stink up some place other than the cab of their nasty truck.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Perhaps it is just a lack of janitorial services. The wait seems to be about the same in the evening. Could be that truck stops are putting MORE demands on FEWER personnel. In some cases, it is the personnel not fulfilling their duties in a timely fashion.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
lol would you want to clean up showers after some of the drivers i'v seen

And that brings up what got me thinking about drivers doing less stinking in the first place.

I was cornered in a holding tank (aka shipping/receiving office) with a driver that made my eyes water the other day. Oh man, he was ripe. But that got me thinking - I don't believe I've had as many bad experiences with aromatic drivers this year.

And I have noticed that it's slightly harder to get access to a shower in the middle of the day when drivers are grabbing their 1/2 hour break.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
And that brings up what got me thinking about drivers doing less stinking in the first place.

I was cornered in a holding tank (aka shipping/receiving office) with a driver that made my eyes water the other day. Oh man, he was ripe. But that got me thinking - I don't believe I've had as many bad experiences with aromatic drivers this year.

And I have noticed that it's slightly harder to get access to a shower in the middle of the day when drivers are grabbing their 1/2 hour break.

Gives new meaning to the jingle, "A sprinkle a day helps keep oder away."

Once worked with a guy that rarely bathed and the political crowed actually scolded me for spraying Lysol spray when he would walk by. Im not kidding, many times he smelled like moldy socks. Yuck!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Once worked with a guy that rarely bathed and the political crowed actually scolded me for spraying Lysol sprwy when he would walk by."

In basic training we had one guy like that. We took care of the problem with scrub brushes, cold water, and powdered Tide. Problem solved. Only had to do it once. It is amazing how just one lesson in proper hygiene took root so quickly. The "second" lesson, a "blanket party" was not required.