the proliferation of criminals

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Man, I can't believe that you guys let a SPAM BOT dredge up a 3 year old thread and jerk your chain.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I'm watching a police video show on cable. It seems to me we could greatly increase the public safety by enacting a law that running from the police is a capital crime as well as giving police the authority to do anything to stop a fleeing suspect...

We should immediately make any criminal felony committed by an illegal alien a capital offense.

I find your first idea horrible, because with the miltarization of the police, there are now some very good reasons to run from the police, like that guy in Prince George's County, MD who was doing nothing more than celebrating a victory in a basketball game when he was attacked by several cops. They didn't realize someone was taping it. They wrote up some baldfaced lies to justify their actions but the video shows that their attack was unnecessary and unprovoked.

Well, that's just an aside, because I didn't intend to address that. Your other idea has some merit. I wouldn't go as far as you, but how about making EVERY crime committed by an illegal alien a felony, even shoplifting a candy bar or running a red light? That, combined with a nationwide three-strikes law, would go a long way toward getting the illegals to self-deport. EDITED: I can't believe I passed up the opportunity to use this line: "...would go a long way toward getting the illegals to 'make a run for the border.'"

Last edited: