The Powerdeck

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I dont know anyone who uses it. The concept is nice, but you will lose 2-3" of load height.

One flag that stands out for me is that I dont see any securement points built into to it. Im sure the system attaches to the floor of the van securely, but what secures the freight?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Sprinter owner with Load 1 uses it. No clue on if it's worth it. Wouldn't be to me.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It is an expensive solution for a problem that is solved simply with a cheap tow rope or strap that you can attach to the forklift. You lose load height and weight capability on something that has no benefit to most.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

mbc383

Expert Expediter
I seen the video on the power deck, to me it looks okay, I have not seen any one who have said how would it be a safe way for the deck of the truck or cargo van by sliding. I drove big rigs and I seen loads loaded by sliding and that was really hard on the deck. I would think the deck of a sprinter or cargo van would be lighter and thiner than a big truck. I would believe a pallet jack would be better it just take more back breaking work. What about a skid plate or something with less friction so the sliding would be smooth and less heat. Then you have to lock it down with load locks to it in place. I just need more info and study on this. Thanks from Linda and Micheal

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Micheal: when they load skids into a cargo van, they slide them - with or without a Power Deck. Ditto for unloading, and the floor/deck holds up pretty well. Whoever said there's no reason to spend the money & lose the height for this product was correct, IMO.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Golf4nut uses pieces of berber carpet turned upside down under the pallets. Slides like a breeze. Just buy some remnants cut them into 12 or 16 inch squares, put them under the corners of the pallet carpet side down and swoosh. Pallets slide and saves your floor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Golf4nut uses pieces of berber carpet turned upside down under the pallets. Slides like a breeze. Just buy some remnants cut them into 12 or 16 inch squares, put them under the corners of the pallet carpet side down and swoosh. Pallets slide and saves your floor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Spray a little silicone on the carpet and they will slide even better.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums